ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Black Thread

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
just fitted my H&R's at the weekend already had to adjust the once i just slammed it and it wasnt even an inch off the floor (before it has even settled) so i brought it up 20mm to try and give the splitter some sort of chance, oil cooler now fitted and brake ducts have been mounted in :) just need some better pics, who knows whats next on the plan...
031708_161215.jpg

batman forgets to mention that he does have a helper doing all this :nono:

Last edited:
  80MPG BEEZA
the front ive had to raise considerably i dropped it to the max on the front and it wasnt even an inch off the floor! still needs a slight raise as its catching speed bumps at normal speeds but doesnt if i roll over them, the back seems a little lower but due to having no weight in the back stil isnt lower enough some custom springs maybe in order, the drive however is mint :)

80MPG BEEZA
little update sice as though it's to cold to go outside :(

032508_103919.jpg

rear shock and spring setup pics while my drums are off until i get bearings into drums

032508_104017.jpg

new drums and bearings to be fitted along with a stud conversion when i find the right one

032508_103942.jpg

front tow eye fitted awaiting WHITE tow stickers after i got sent black ones GRRR rear one is being fitted when back bumper has had it's respray

032508_104051.jpg

new rubber, had to remove rear arch liners due to them catching as their so fat! also need to lower the front again as its raised the beast up to much for my liking

tis all for now

80MPG BEEZA
Awesome! Get some more pics up with full car.

i'm going to mate waiting on these bloody tow stickers, plus having some piston head name tags made for the back windows, just the pistonheads logo with BATMAN :)

also got to get that bumper resprayed as yoz is wanting pics for yozza website, also got to do some vids aswell! and do 2 jobs! :dead:

SchwepTek™
You not gonna bother converting the rear drums to discs and callipers then?

Gonna be mint when it is finished! You going to FCS/National Meet?

80MPG BEEZA
nah was going to go to discs even have braided hoses for rear discs to! just bearings are stronger in the drums and discs wont provide any additional braking help so i thought save the cash plus drums make handbraking miles easier!

going to be at fcs and national meet :) cant wait for camping again get some proper bbq food on the go, also cant wait for first bit of track time! hoorah!

80MPG BEEZA
Are those new tyre Toyo R888's ?

yes indeed they are, going to get a white tyre pen for them me thinks :) even if it doesnt last long!

car is back on the road now :)

rear bearing price

halfrauds = £42 each
andrew pages discounted = £27+vat each
Coulthards = £37.60 for 2 :)

money saved will pay for stud conversion!

80MPG BEEZA
time for a update whilst finishing off a chocolate doughnut :)

just been doing little alterations to the car trying to take things off my huge snag list

Picture013-1.jpg

first noticable thing i did was have the rear bumper repaired and resprayed after reversing it into a high rise kerb (i'm blaming the winged seats not my driving ability ;) ) i also removed the carbon sheeting from the insert as it was bubbling up and looking cheap.

I painted both tow eyes white and succesfully installed the rear one without damaging the freshly painted bumper after "aquiring" some m16! nuts from work :)

Picture012-1.jpg

got name tags made up for the side windows also waiting on elf stickers for the door mirrors and a special sticker i'm having made for the rear window :)

Picture011-1.jpg

got my carbon door cards from d4ve today so they'll be going in soonish got them at a good price since as though performance trim where trying to charge me an extra £30 for custom cutting the rear ones when they already did it the way i asked anyway just trying to make a mug of me!

also got 1 litre of gloss black and 1 litre of primer to do 50/50 mix with thinners to spray out the inside of the car :)

" (i'm blaming the winged seats not my driving ability ;) ) "

And your telling me to get them .. thats y im going to stick with normal buckets will make road driving a lot easier :clown:

80MPG BEEZA

And your telling me to get them .. thats y im going to stick with normal buckets will make road driving a lot easier :clown:

its only happened once, i actually think it was the guy that sprayed the bumper that did a crap job not priming and laquering it properly, the high kerb pushed my old magnex up against the bumper, and instead of flexing like paint should (like it does on the front wings) it all just flaked off!

winged seats FTW :evil:

80MPG BEEZA

door cards are mint though mate cheers for that :)

M

mini-valver

The exhaust is sitting waaayyy to far out!

Looking good otherwise though mate!

Chocolate Bar™
The exhaust is sitting waaayyy to far out!

Just what i was thinking :S

Could it be anything to do with the 182 manifold?

the cat back section of the exhaust cant move much as it needs to be attached at fixed points along the car. if its a yoz system then some of them tend to stick out a bit too far - i know mine does at the min. so i doubt the 182 manifold has made any difference

80MPG BEEZA
looking good u coming down croft in this?

aii i'm coming down in this :) shame all the sessions were booked but maybe lucky as im paying my insurance off in full this year :)

and it does stick out a little but it doesnt knock or make any noise, its solid and sounds great and is way lighter then what the magnex was so its doing its job!

340i
it doesnt knock or make any noise, its solid and sounds great and is way lighter then what the magnex was so its doing its job!

Just why i am swapping my Magnex system for one LOL! :approve:

Is yours the Yozzasport race exhaust system?

What is the difference between the race system and the road system (loud)?

80MPG BEEZA
whats so wring with it? i had a picture of dave turbo's old one and its sat in exactly the same place? the tailpipe comes inline with were the back bumper is and is a couple of inch's below the bumper?

maybe some more pics would help :)

the road system sits cut into the bumper where the race system is under slung, i think the road system has bigger silencers to maybe?

all i can say is the noise from it is unreal,maybe no louder then my magnex but the type of noise is mint its sounds more like "power!"

80MPG BEEZA
fred that pics pap you can barely make out the exhaust never mind where its at! lol

took some pics whilst eating my tomato soup :)

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg