ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Black Thread

if its gonna be sprayed inside like i was gonna do before i trimmed mine out in it will look amazing, i shyed away from doing it as i use it daily atm and it would just get scratched.

I suppose for the looks tho it will look good.

Black pepper anyone?

80MPG BEEZA
as promised a little update

got myself a carbon bonnet from riri on here got it installed last week so after karting on the weekend i went about putting the aerocatches into the bonnet.

i managed to scuff one side as i wasnt watching what i was doing put it'll touch up

seemed to be a simple process of:

mark pins in slam panel as far in as i could go

drill holes in slam panel

put pins in slam panel

but blue tack on underside of bonnet and lower

where blue tack is indented drill a small hole through bonnet

use the hole in bonnet for crosshair line in aerocatch

stencil catch and then cut it out using special tool :)

remove more carbon from underneath to gain acess to bolts from aerocatch

fix aerocatch to bonnet securely

keep adjusting pins in slam panel until the bonnet correctly closes and is secure

job done

heres a couple of pics of the result:
102207_091718.jpg

102207_091737.jpg

looks really good in the flesh and is defo alot more trick then popping you bonnet from inside the car :)

80MPG BEEZA
also fitted some carbon lorraines and lowered my seats even more over the weekend, thanks to k-tec for rushing my pads to me :)

there sooooooooooo squeely :)

80MPG BEEZA
also fitted some carbon lorraines and lowered my seats even more over the weekend, thanks to k-tec for rushing my pads to me :)

there sooooooooooo squeely :)

how did you lower your seats even more batman..cobra x-low subframe ??

i removed the spacers that go between the seats and the chassis and made little plates for the underside of the car so it is more solid then the little spacers the frame sat on, then i drilled the cobra sidemounts as they have limited choice so i calculated how far i coud take them down and drilled new holes :)

80MPG BEEZA
Latest news is I've found someone to weld my cage in thats just round the corner and his cousin own's a fabrication unit around the corner to make the mounts up :)

watch this space

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
If your having a cage put in then punching holes into the chassi is fine as long as you dont go too mental, go for it. :D

What cage are you getting? Nice project too. :)

RB 200 Cup!
as promised a little update

got myself a carbon bonnet from riri on here got it installed last week so after karting on the weekend i went about putting the aerocatches into the bonnet.

i managed to scuff one side as i wasnt watching what i was doing put it'll touch up

seemed to be a simple process of:

mark pins in slam panel as far in as i could go

drill holes in slam panel

put pins in slam panel

but blue tack on underside of bonnet and lower

where blue tack is indented drill a small hole through bonnet

use the hole in bonnet for crosshair line in aerocatch

stencil catch and then cut it out using special tool :)

remove more carbon from underneath to gain acess to bolts from aerocatch

fix aerocatch to bonnet securely

keep adjusting pins in slam panel until the bonnet correctly closes and is secure

job done

heres a couple of pics of the result:
102207_091718.jpg

102207_091737.jpg

looks really good in the flesh and is defo alot more trick then popping you bonnet from inside the car :)

that looks stunning

80MPG BEEZA
If your having a cage put in then punching holes into the chassi is fine as long as you dont go too mental, go for it. :D

What cage are you getting? Nice project too. :)

getting same cage as ben-p and fmp but a few little differences

NEWS TODAY - just fitted 172 wings! hoorah only taken me a year just got to fit side skirts now :)

80MPG BEEZA
after using some special black glue which my gf's dad got me from his work i got to use this f1 used product to glue my side skirts on :)

Picture014.jpg

Picture009.jpg

80MPG BEEZA
The glue you use was it S1125 2 part epoxy by any chance??

i dont know he just told me what its what the toyota team where also using when he went over to germany to find out about the product, it is a 2 part glue both parts are black and it stinks! and a special nozel that mixes both parts

80MPG BEEZA
i know the stuff, don't get it on your skin! it burns!

should have told me that before i started wiping excess away with my fingers you handsome beast! washed my mittens afterwards anyway before it dried to my skin lol

80MPG BEEZA
reeet since as though i'm waiting on parts being delivered and had nothing else better to do i thought i'd crack on with finally removing unwanted brackets and bolts in the car so armed with my tool but no safety gloves,goggles or ear protection i went about my business

(wish i could afford safety gear :dapprove:)

Picture019.jpg

cut and ground and smooothed down :)

Picture020.jpg

same here

Picture021.jpg

and again!

managed to go through the arch on the lower section making like a 1cm hole lol have it patched when cage goes in

dirty shot from outside the car can see the damage on my rear bumper to :quiet:

Picture022.jpg

no safety gear i manage to cut myself twice due to being an impatient mofo

Picture023.jpg

hehe and my ears are ringing i'll never hear that tone again :boring:

hopefully some parcels soon!

Rb 182
reeet since as though i'm waiting on parts being delivered and had nothing else better to do i thought i'd crack on with finally removing unwanted brackets and bolts in the car so armed with my tool but no safety gloves,goggles or ear protection i went about my business

(wish i could afford safety gear :dapprove:)

Picture019.jpg

cut and ground and smooothed down :)

Picture020.jpg

same here

Picture021.jpg

and again!

managed to go through the arch on the lower section making like a 1cm hole lol have it patched when cage goes in

dirty shot from outside the car can see the damage on my rear bumper to :quiet:

Picture022.jpg

no safety gear i manage to cut myself twice due to being an impatient mofo

Picture023.jpg

hehe and my ears are ringing i'll never hear that tone again :boring:

hopefully some parcels soon!

Looking good, lol at the plasters. Get some gloves Bruv. :rasp:

80MPG BEEZA
skull n cross bones ftw!

its my bday next friday i'll try and get some gloves aswell as going to see rambo :)

love this car, looked amazing at fcs last year, the seats are totally different from any other clio. Wats the visability in them like btw? looked akward seeing through your drivers windows etc.