ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Daily Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
  182 Turbo Project
Hey guys,

I am new to the forum and I am looking at starting a project on my 182. From peoples experience, is it a ball ache having a tastefully stripped car? I have a Janspeed unsilenced zorst (looking for a decat atm) and a Simota induction kit, (looking to change this). I shall update pics etc as I go along, any help and advice would be really helpful. Like how to remove the rear seats etc, pics of stripped 182s etc!

Cheers!

182 Turbo Project
Right guys,

I want to move my project forward. I want to strip the rear, but I have boggo seats at the front :( What are people's experiences of stripped cars? Any help would be great! Also has any one got any ideas of what I could do with my car? Now the missus has a car, we don't have to depend on mine!

Baines

I'm going to be stripping my 172 at some point... Keeping the standard seats though pal... It'll look fine IMO!

Buckets may be on the menu for me, but not for a long long long time lol.

I'm sure that there are quite a few on here that have done exactly that...

I know a former owner, who was on here and lives quite close to me, did that and his car was awesome!!

I'm clueless tbh mate... Just do a search, there's bound to be someone on here that has done a big write up about what they did when stripping it.

I'm a tard and wouldn't know where to start tbqfh lol! (although I know one thing... I wont be stripping mine until it's on coilovers. The suspension is high enough as it is already ;) )

182 Turbo Project
ha ha, yeah mines on apex springs atm, but looking at getting ktec coilies when my student loan comes through! ha

ha ha, yeah mines on apex springs atm, but looking at getting ktec coilies when my student loan comes through! ha
+1 haha student loans FTMFW!!!
The past 2 years my student loan has bought me my cars lol, and then I've been working to support my expensive lifestyle lol.
This year though, I'm not working (final year so I want to make the most of it) so I've only got my loan to live off :S
Still thinking of blowing it on my shed.

182 Turbo Project
Well student loan does help to make cars awesome lol! I'm thinking, coilies, solid top mounts, strippage, I really want cams, but sure they are worth it, although I think I saw a thread about some new cams that take the car to 200bhp???

182 Turbo Project
Cheers mate!

Right well the bench has come out, just need to get some tools from home to take the backrests out!

When people commence strippage, how far do they go? I quite like the Boosh's false floor shizzle....I need guidance! Lol

182 Turbo Project
Right, with my student loan coming in, I would like some advice as to what to buy! I want to spend around £400 improving my car. As I have said before the car is on Apex springs which aren't great! Do I go for the ktec coilies? If so do I need rear camber shims? What would people suggest?

Cheers

B

182 Turbo Project
UPDATE!

I went and visited longlife in Leeds today to have a decat made/fitted. f**k me it's loud now! £80 fitted. Top job, they also managed to get my exhaust to sit right!

That's all for now!

B

182 Turbo Project
Update:

As some of you may know I have been seeing the boys at NW Performance lately. Had some coilovers fitted, and a fair bit of flocking done! Now I am considering taking the rear seats out as they hardly get used and those no leg room anyway! Anyone in the Hudds area that could help me with making a new floor for the back so it doesnt look like im a pikey with no seats?

clio 182 cup
i have put evo recaros in my clio removed the rear seats but boarded out the back , leaving the shelf still in ...looks cool , is kinda stripped out and spot on for every day use

182 Turbo Project
Aerocatches ordered! I want to do as much of the small things I can before I post up my big update. I have chrispyclio to thank for this :)

182 Turbo Project
Right, the back shizzle is coming out probs on friday when I pick up my dash from nw performance. Then this weekend I shall be attaching my aerocatches which should be here tmoz, and removing the fogs for brake cooling. Has any one got a guide for the brake cooling fog light jobby?

330i. E30 Touring.
Right guys,

I want to move my project forward. I want to strip the rear, but I have boggo seats at the front :( What are people's experiences of stripped cars? Any help would be great! Also has any one got any ideas of what I could do with my car? Now the missus has a car, we don't have to depend on mine!

Baines

So you're a lezza?

PICS!?

182 Turbo Project
Like I was trying to say, I am a man lol! but no one believes me! I just don't want my personal details on teh interwebz! Any luck on the torch yet mate?

182 Turbo Project
Right I'm off for a drive to get some pics and vids of the new zorst, I shall prove that I am a man lol!

182 Turbo Project
Right, I have a video but have no idea how to get on here?

Anyways, update!

Rear has been stripped, quite quiet my car is inside......

Picking up some oz f1s in t'morning, may have to wind the coilies down a bit :) Then its on to tidying up the rear and fitting my aerocatches! Busy busy busy! Also picked up my flocked dash! Once again, the boys at NWP have done me proud lol!

Thats all for now!

182 Turbo Project
Right,

Got back from picking up the f1s, they look great on the car, just need to decide what colour to refurb them! Will upload some pics tmoz as I cba right now! I am still debating wether to keep the rear door cards or not.....hmmm!

That is all for now!

Megane 225 F1
This is a project thread, and no pics so far?

Why do women always refuse pics. We only want ones of the car.

182 Turbo Project
No, I am not a woman. So Will, I would appreciate it if you quit that s**t. Thanks.

P.s

Still die.

182 Turbo Project
Right,

Since fitting the Oz F1's my car scrapes so much more than normal? Before, I had the standard 182 rims runninn 205/45/r16, now the 15s are 195/55/r15.

So the question I ask is why the hell is my car catching more than it on 16s? Sorry if this is a stupid question?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.