ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project frankin derv V2

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
IMG_1728.JPG
IMG_1730.JPG
IMG_1724.JPG
IMG_1723.JPG
IMG_1727.JPG
Well as some may know, I have a forever on going mk1 16v Clio that I'm still converting to a 1.9dci 6sp track car, but due to the amount of work coming through the doors ATM I'm slacking.....

Roll on a year or so and now I've acquired another frankin derv.

I give to you the ONLY 1.9dci converted mk2 in the country, one of the first very few done, only one other is know abroad.

Little spec list :
- 1.5dci shell ( originally was a 1.5)
Converted to a 1.9 with a Laguna 120 engine ,
- megane NDO 6 speed box,
- quick shift selector and 6speed cable gear stick
-custom drive shafts.
- Traffic van ecu and engine loom ect all re wired to comunicate with the Clio clocks and UCH. Also generic map and it goes like the clappers, 1.2bar boost comes in slightly hard at 2500~ rpm lol
- full 172 suspension
- full 172 interior , and exterior kit
-front mount intercooler
- 2.5 straight through unrestricted exhaust, ( little back box been fitted as it's loud enough )
- depo racing boost / EGT / oil temp and pressure gauges

Loads I've probably missed for now.

Anyway , I'll cut Te s**t out.

Planes for this is as follows :
- full respray in flame red again.
- half cage and nicer seats
- BIG hybrid GT2056V turbo charger from a 2.5dci Nivara
- custom injectors IF needed
- BMW Bosch CP5/6 HP pump
- swirl pot
- oil cooler / diesel cooler.
- complete HARD pipe intwrcooler pipework
- 4 BAR T map sensor
- 80mm MAF
- uprade brakes to twin pots
-TD 1.2s in 15s.
- coilovers and bump correction kit

Then when engine mods done go to DervTec who mapped my Astra to 192Hp and get them to work their magic on this , hopefully push 200hp without any problem.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Not sure yet , possibly some comfy buckets. I have some evo 5 seats hanging around but unsure if they'll work without to much hassle

Oh and credit for the work so far is the original owner @AlexW

Reactions: Gus

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well you're a bit of a blast from the past.

So is this car. So much hype surrounding it when it was being done but then Alex sort of never did anything with it and moved on to petrol boosted clios.

Nice to see another derv fan has picked it up though. Welcome back.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Well you're a bit of a blast from the past.

So is this car. So much hype surrounding it when it was being done but then Alex sort of never did anything with it and moved on to petrol boosted clios.

Nice to see another derv fan has picked it up though. Welcome back.

tried to be sensible by buying a diesel ' 150 ' 1.9 cdti astra .... got bored of that even with 192hp at my right foot. Just handles like a barge.

Que mk1 Clio to ' try ' build another derv and I'm now sick of welding that
Yeah Alex loved this car but he's more into fast turbo clios. BUT I'm gona take this to what was all the hype years ago and build the monster.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Got took out for a quick blast in this last weekend, baring in mind it's only generic mapped to make it work I can confirm, it's quicker than a remapped F4R.

Mine has a 2.5" cat back, V6 Espase airbox, RST remap, aircon delete, partial interior strip loads of other bits, everyone I took out at CSF this year said they couldn't believe how quick it was, as this Derv stands right now I think it would give the dog kennel trouble on track, once the mad professor gets his hands on it alot of people are going to have hurt feelings at CSF18.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1751.JPG
IMG_1749.JPG

Well , found abit of time today to fix a few things , and start re routing engine loom to make a neater that factory job. Glow plug loom to run under fuel rail now rather than over, as shown in pics

Secondly fixed the annoying oil leak for the 3 time.... thought I'd fixed it before but it still weeps. So this time I've took the oil canister off , dissasembled the metal bracket from it and ' swelled ' the bottom of it to the point I've had to hammer it into the block. Low and behold no more leaks. Proper job that ;)

Now to order a s**t load of loom netting/ trunking, make a few brackets up for ecu / fuel swirl pot ect and fit a Nissan square coolant tank near the fuse box so I can run a better angle on boost pipes, new turbo is going to be a tight fit... and I mean TIGHT

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Suppose I should update this thread. Not has allot of time lately due to being busy as hell at work.

Firstly , re-sealed the sunroof and desided to redo the head liner in black faux suede aswell as the door trims. Will do for now until I deside what to do with the interior
IMG_1961.JPG
IMG_1963.JPG
IMG_1964.JPG

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Then onto the engine , many lack of photos as I'm more of a ' get it done and don't take photos ' kind of guy ? Hybrid turbo , consisting of standard GT1749V cold side housing machines to fit a GT18/20 wheel from a golf. Hot side housIng was a standArd GT1852V setup with cutback fins to ' reduce ' the turbos efficiancy , basicly stopping boost creep / over boost with having zero restriction on the exhaust. This was coupled with a 2.25inch boost pipe system, stI'll need to maschine the last pipe to fit to the inlet.

New air filter as the old one got munched, and a new airmass is it's had a funny misfire at 2k rpm when boost comes on hard.
IMG_2017.JPG

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Boost pipes also didn't come with a lip for keeping the hoses on so I modified badly a set of grips to do a lip, looks s**t but works.
IMG_2015.JPG

Reactions: Gus

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Just need to finish fuel system off as was originally having problems but turned out to be a HP pump suction control valve was jamming out slightly stopping pressure and basicly dumping fuel pressure as soon as you turned the ignition off.