ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Mint Ph1. Near complete pics. Ph1 fans, Hi.

330i. E30 Touring.
Have had a few people asking me for pictures of the Minter Ph1 that I've been putting together. I hate to think of how much time (and money) I've put into this, but the results speak for themselves I think. Very proud of this one.

Work that's been done over the course of the last few months:

New Aux Belt kit
Brand new Cat Back OEM exhaust
All new exhaust mounts and cat fitting kit
Wheels refurbed in extra shiny silver
New Michelin Ps3's all round
Fitted some near new front discs and pads I had.
Full service, oil and filter, air filter, pollen filter, coolant swap.
Air con been re-gassed.
Snappy Refurbed steering wheel using leather from the rear bench to ensure total match. :)

The car only has 32k miles on, so thought it was worth the effort put in and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Oh, and I spent today giving it a bit of a clean. For the detailing geeks, products used:

AF Citrus Power
Dodo Born to be Mild.
AF Tripple
Dodo Supernatural.
AF revive.

e5aje2ej.jpg

ahydyzy8.jpg

2uvuqydu.jpg

7ybu9e7a.jpg

y9yjyqu7.jpg

hehyhygy.jpg

9uzenajy.jpg

uqy4u6ub.jpg

a8yduzy6.jpg

ahy2u6y2.jpg

7atyta5y.jpg

And tucked up back on the driveway with a couple of pics of the stripped out black one.

uqa2y6as.jpg

a5a2ybyh.jpg

yvahure3.jpg

u5ype7am.jpg

hevenevu.jpg

Few little bits left to sort- need to fit the centre caps, and a couple of little bits and it'll be done!

MOT next weekend, will be taxed and hey presto! Back where it belongs!

Oh yeah, and I know my pics are s**t. Those of you who know me will have seen the state of my phone.

Inferno 225 cup
Great effort mate.

Give the headlights a good going over and will make the front end look loads better.

Edit: the marks on the lenses are discolouration from water getting inside the casing. :(

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cracking work Mike, great to see another low mileage PH1 on the forum. :cool:

However it needs PH1 interior door handles rather than the PH2 ones it looks to have been fitted??

Id say that the front bumper has been painted as its missing the black vinyl deckles. Get a new set made or buy from Renault.

Any engine bay picts mate?

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers chaps...

Cracking work Mike, great to see another low mileage PH1 on the forum. :cool:

However it needs PH1 interior door handles rather than the PH2 ones it looks to have been fitted??

Id say that the front bumper has been painted as its missing the black vinyl deckles. Get a new set made or buy from Renault.

Any engine bay picts mate?

LOL! I was waiting for you to show up and notice a few things. ;)

Ph1 door handles are going to be swapped over from the stripped out one, yeah. The blue fits in a lot better I think.

Yep, front bumper has been repainted at some point to keep it fresh. You got pics of the black bits missing from yours by any chance?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I was going to say mate, i have a pair of PH1 handles that i would have sent you for free.

The ones i have are the later ones without the counter sunk fixing, but if you are sorted then thats good.

Here you go.

6 bits in total, 4 in the area of the towing eye hole and two to the side of each upper fixing bolt.

20130826_104144_zps759cd956.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Nice, but needs eibachs or cooksports they look w**k on standard ride height

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looks awesome from what I can see!

Although get done proper pictures done to give it justice the ones about looks like a 3 year old has coloured in some etch-a-sketch drawings!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I can offer nothing else other than what's already been said;

Needs black inserts on bumper, needs centre caps, needs the speedo window removing and polishing, and your pictures are utterly dreadful.

Car looks a credit to you sir, well done. :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Same as everyone else. Good photos would do it nore justice but even from your shite ones it still looks mint!

Has anyone got a lower milage than this on here? Could be one to store away!

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL at the pictures. Awesome effort.

Car looks great though, I think.. X

I try. The thumb ones, i genuinely didn't notice. lol.

Same as everyone else. Good photos would do it nore justice but even from your s**te ones it still looks mint!

Has anyone got a lower milage than this on here? Could be one to store away!

Looking like it might have to go up for sale at some point tbh. Missus is on a mad one at the minute about me buying a house. Fleet will be up for sale. ):

330i. E30 Touring.
So, Nick172Cup can take pictures better than I can.

y2uzebeb.jpg

esesu3e9.jpg

vy9a3upa.jpg

pegesy2y.jpg

aguzybyr.jpg

Interior ones have come out lovely:

dy7avyry.jpg

enabedyn.jpg

vamyquma.jpg

hepa6ede.jpg

Flew through it's MOT, so a for sale advert will be written up this week. :( Really hoping it stays on the forum.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
dont see it going anywhere soon after seeing the asking price. but good luck.