ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project pearl black

Ph2 Meg 225
Re: black and yellow dynamique PIC HEAVY

Liking this bro! coming along! Jelous of you starting your lessons, I have just under 2 months to go haha :(

Thankyou, and yeah booked an intensive course :p cost 500 quid leaving no money for mods :( theory test on Tuesday

Ph2 Meg 225

How about some yellow vinal wrap? Or maybe go to local scrapyard and find a couple of spares? :)

I could do? Would anthracite look better though and next midis definately wind deflectors :p love your car btw

I could do? Would anthracite look better though and next midis definately wind deflectors :p love your car btw

Hmm maybe, its up to you though I guess, do a few photoshops and see which you like best :)

I got some wind deflectors a few weeks ago, really like them, can always have the windows down a bit when its raining now. And thanks mate :eek: not really sure what to do to it next :p

Ph2 Meg 225

Once I've paid off my driving instructor I will be getting some but for now I will stick to tinting my dogs yellow etc. and I would go for a 172 rear bumper, they looks miles better :p

Ph2 Meg 225

Got my themed dust caps today and a picture of the painted brake discs from the other week. Sadly I don't think I can affford any more parts for a couple of weeks due to failing by 1 mark on hazard perception for my theory :( !!!

31 quid for 1 mark aggravates me so much.

image-35.jpg
image-36.jpg

Iphone pics ftw!

Ph2 Meg 225

Thanks. I'm propped gutted about it but booked for next Thursday so fingers crossed :D and if I catch any toe rag nicking them they will be walking away with more than some dust caps haha

Ph2 Meg 225

Not much of an update but, carbon fibre wrapped my front badge and sprayed 2 layers of laquer. Also gave my engine bay a good clean :)

image-38.jpgimage-37.jpgimage-39.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225

PPassed my theory on thursday, second time lucky! 3 days of intensive driving and then my practical on Wednesday :D busy week haha

Ph2 Meg 225
Colour coded my front bumper today, just need to give it a good polish to remove the "orange peel" :)

Pics uploaded tomorrow

Ph2 Meg 225
Colour coding the front bumper didn't go to plan as the paint wouldn't stick??? Never had that problem before and it had been keyed etc. also took my driving test the other day and sadly failed on two majors all though my instructor said it should only have been one. These were doing 35 in a 30 which I was decreasing speed to stop any way and not looking through rear window when reverse parking :(.

Anyway plans are as follows for the car to be done by Christmas hopefully:
clear side rrepeaters
wind deflectors
yellow fog lights
lower on coilovers
team dynamics or turbines
colour code front bumper :)

If anyone has any of these bits for sale let me know :)

ph1 clio 1.2
oh unlucky on your test mate :\
plans are good! yellow fogs FTW!

how did you get your 16v so perfect? talk to me throw haa.., i done mine and well. there not so perfect :( haha

Ph2 Meg 225
Trying to get wind deflectors and yellow fogs this week hopefully, you got any yellow film spare? :)

As for the 16v I sanded the letters Abit as a key and then bought a yellow touch up pen from halfords and with a steady hand went over them :D

ph1 clio 1.2
Trying to get wind deflectors and yellow fogs this week hopefully, you got any yellow film spare? :)

As for the 16v I sanded the letters Abit as a key and then bought a yellow touch up pen from halfords and with a steady hand went over them :D

ahh good plan! i spent hours masking around them and went for it!, and some pealed of with the tape :( and not sure tbh mate, my brothers put them on for me so i never bought it :\

Ph2 Meg 225
I've just colour coded by front bumper but the tape pulled it off so not sure whether to have it done professionally in a couple of weeks or just sand it back and spray them with black bumper spray?? :/ I've found some on eBay a4 sheet size but it's not lamin x do not sure if I should get it .......

ph1 clio 1.2
I've just colour coded by front bumper but the tape pulled it off so not sure whether to have it done professionally in a couple of weeks or just sand it back and spray them with black bumper spray?? :/ I've found some on eBay a4 sheet size but it's not lamin x do not sure if I should get it .......

mines laminX a think, not sure, and why didnt you take the insert of the bumper?

Ph2 Meg 225
I did take the inserts off and painted them but when I put them back on I noticed where there was bits patchy do I taped them up ( they were bone dry) and when I took tape off it ripped paint off but I wasn't happy with the finish anyway :)

Tbh I'd go for the proper Lamin-X, might be a bit more expensive but at least you know it's decent stuff :) oh yeah you know when you colour coded your bumper? Do you have any photos or anything cause I want to do mine but not sure how you get the inserts off :S cheers!

Ph2 Meg 225
The colour coding was a scrap, I need new inserts unless I have them done at a bodyshop :/ avoid the halfords paint as it wouldn't stick to the plastics,

as for removing them if you put a screwdriver in the slots on the front where the corners join the middle, with a bit of force they just pop off as they clip on.... And for the middle one remove the number plate and the prize off with a screwdriver from the edges, very simple. Renaults for you haha :)

Hmm okay then. Doesn't sound too difficult, my dad said he'd spray them for me if I get the paint and manage to get the inserts off :p

I wouldn't dare try and spray something that big lol :p probs ruin it!

Ph2 Meg 225
I can have them done proffesionally for 50 quid at a bodyshop down the road but I can't afford to so some new inserts for 13 quid I think haha

BlackGold 182
doing the inserts is simple lol should paint them black and then use lamin-x i done it on my iceberg, looked awesome

P1010079.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225
Today has been relatively productive, front bumper inserts have been dropped off this morning to be picked up Friday for 50 quid which isn't too bad IMO

Rear has been de wipered, will decide If I can cope without

Also the wheel well and spare wheel are tatty and rusty so I gave the floor a lick of paint, will be changing to black tomorrow, and the wheel will be re sprayed tomorrow :)

Heres a couple of snaps....

image-41.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225
Few updates, for today and a couple of pics boot was repainted black and spare wheel was cleaned up. Pics below

image-47.jpg

image-48.jpg

image-46.jpg

image-49.jpg

image-50.jpg

Last edited:
  clio mk2 1.4 16v
Have you checked quotes on your insurance yet? As i would've thought that after declaring the colour coding, rear bumper, sport grille etc it would be pretty high bearing in mind your age. I would reconsider getting an induction kit/spacers/coilovers or anything like that until your older - that is unless one of your family members is the CEO of an insurer lol.

Ph2 Meg 225
I have it's 5300 with no mods but as most of them are genuine Renault parts, most people don't declare them. As for the springs I have something planned ;)