ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project pearl black

Ph2 Meg 225
hello
i thought i would start my thread again as i messed up the picture uploading etc..
being only 16 i have been eager to buy a car and this is what i got for 1200 with only 53,000 miles.

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

the first task was to give it a good detail as the car wasnt in best shape. the number plate on the front was swapped for a fresh one as the old was manky. also i always liked the look of the aero wipers so went and bought some.

image-3.jpg

should have taken before and after shots to show the difference :/.

i then replaced the passenger headlight as this was badly clouded and the steering wheel which was badly melted. these were replaced like for like. (sadly no photos as phone wasnt working)

the wheels needed a refurb as they were curbed badly. i sanded the entire wheels down and went over the curbs and heavy brake dust with a wire brush attachment for the drill. the wheels were masked up with tyres on and was sprayed with three coats of grey primer . three coats of peugoet graphite grey was applied and then three coats of clear coat. this is the finished piece.

image-2.jpg

image-17.jpg

the brake discs were down on the MOT advisory so that was my next task which are a very simple job with no experience.

before:

photo-3.jpg

after:

image-10.jpg

the next mod was the vital thing for a 1.2...... RS GRILL
image-6.jpg

the grill itself is easy to fit but i had trouble removing the bumper due to rusty bolts but makes such a difference to the front.
a stubby aeriel costing £3 was fitted as it looked like a remote controlled car before

image-15.jpg

the interior had abit of love shown to the dash strips which was wrapped in carbon fibre and the gear stick painted yellow.

image-8.jpg

image-5.jpg

next the bullet writing was sanded and painted to go with the yellow theme

image-16.jpg

and then some cheeky stickers :p

image-18.jpg

photo-4.jpg

with a tight budget and lessons etc i need to keep buying to a minimum but not always easy.
future mods:
colour coded door strips( on courier)
172 rear bumper
lower depending on insurance

im hoping to be on the road for the traxx meet as im doing a week crash course

tell me what you think :)

Clio k4j - Clio 200T
Re: black and yellow dynamique PIC HEAVY

I think it's a really nice start mate! the car looks good (same color as mine), as you said needs some lowering for better handling (=fun) and also for a bit of look.. but take your time :D no worries

Ph2 Meg 225

thanks. i love your wheels. i thought about using lowering springs but have heard handling is rubbish with them fitted

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

Thank you!
Surely is better with a full setup... only lower springs puts too much stress on shock and because are not built to work with stiffer springs results in a not so good handling. I think good shocks and good springs on the clio are a awesome upgrade for handling and why not..also for the look! my advice is.. wait, save some money and put some serious shocks and springs (coilies if you can) :) you'll be happy

Ph2 Meg 225

how much did it cost to put coilovers on yours as cheapest ive seen is 400. i wanted to put spacers on aswell but they are ridiculous money for good ones :(

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

now I have some spax RSX which i payed... 600€ iirc some years ago.. for the first coilover kit (fitted when the car had 8000km on the clocks) i payed 1200€ it was a higher spec kit .. which i'll rebuild when i'll have some time and money to put in it.
:( spacers need to be very good to avoid wobbling and bearings problems.. in my car i got em cheap because mine are home made with a lathe because are only 5 mm and 10 mm because of the wheels with et36.
anyway.. take your time mate! don't worry.. with time you'll got the money to make another step with your project. the important thing is not to waste on useless things, keep in mind your plans!

Ph2 Meg 225

yeah pay rise soon so i will afford more :) main thing is definately lower next

Ph2 Meg 225

thanks. trying to keep with the yellow but not over do it. might just do front and rear diamonds

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

yes, i think tiny bits with a bit of color are cool ! infact yours looks good
how about a dewiper for the rear? it's free! only 10 minute work

Ph2 Meg 225

i did think about de wiper and i have the grommet for the hole but i dont want to lose too much of the original parts for when i sell it but its soo tempting haha

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

i did think about de wiper and i have the grommet for the hole but i dont want to lose too much of the original parts for when i sell it but its soo tempting haha
take a box.. put in the wiper and all parts removed and when you'll need em again just refit them! :) if you have looked at my project thread you see that i've removed many things but I still got everything! every single screw removed. ;)

Ph2 Meg 225

i liked yours before and after but does look 10x better with f1's. is it lowered????

Ph2 Meg 225

image-19.jpg
image-20.jpg

Colour coded door strips came from Chris205 and was polished and fitted. After a 172 bumper next I think

Ph2 Meg 225

Thanks
I'm going to get some eibach sport lines as soon as I get a pay rise as I have to pay for lessons and provisional license. I'm just sticking to the cheaper mods until I can afford it but 100 quid a week minus bills doesn't go very far haha. Next in line is either and induction kit or a 172 bumper

Rs200

get the bumper out of the way first mate, induction isnt a significant mod get the big stuff done then get things like that, going well mate im only just 17 and doing lessons now, epic drain of all my funds!

Ph2 Meg 225

I can get a rear bumper for 75 with liners but I could do with my funds being higher. I just want to finish with lowering and bumper and then probably drive it for a few years till I can get a 197 :)

Ph2 Meg 225

172 rear bumper ordered. Can't wait to fit as they make such a difference :)

Ph2 Meg 225

Got a new passenger lock as the old one had been damaged from attempted break in with the previous owner

Before:

image-21.jpg

After:

image-22.jpg

Big thanks to Llewelyn ( I think that's how it's spelt)

172 rear bumper next :)

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Will the lock work on your key ??

Really nice car like!

Ph2 Meg 225

No only the key supplied which doesn't bother me I was just happy to fix it as it was a total mess and sponges and cloths always got ripped on it :)

And thanks

Rb 182

Good to see some restraint being shown and not just throwing money at stupid mods but also thinking about the insurance as well. Congrats fella, cars looking well too. Eibachs should bring it down a bit (around 20-30mm iirc) but should make it look loads better.

Just enjoy it for what it is, you should be able to drive it hard, learn decent car control and still be all within the speed limit.

Last edited:
  Ph2 Meg 225

Good to see some restraint being shown and not just throwing money at stupid mods but also thinking about the insurance as well. Congrats fella, cars looking well too. Eibachs should bring it down a bit (around 20-30mm iirc) but should make it look loads better.

Just enjoy it for what it is, you should be able to drive it hard, learn decent car control and still be all within the speed limit.

Thanks dave, once I've fitted my 172 bumper I wont be getting aanything till after I've passed and even then it will only be sport lines and a wheel refurb or some pro race 1.2's and then save for a 197 :)

Hopefully going on a track day on 26 September in cardiff for a bit of fun

Rb 182

Thanks dave, once I've fitted my 172 bumper I wont be getting aanything till after I've passed and even then it will only be sport lines and a wheel refurb or some pro race 1.2's and then save for a 197 :)

Hopefully going on a track day on 26 September in cardiff for a bit of fun

Top lad. Enjoy it for what it is and safe for better. I spent far far to much turboing my Mk1 for it to never run right, broke down then got broken into. I wish i'd saved the cash and just bought a better car.

Ph2 Meg 225

You tend to get carried away when you get started with modifying but as I can't drive yet I quickly get bored :)

Ph2 Meg 225

172 bumper came from Chris205 and was fitted, had to make some adjustments as the bottom 2 fixings underneath was taken off but didn't bother me.
Anyway here we are, I'll take some more tomorrow as I have carbon wrapped the strip aswell

photo-5.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225

Cleaned the bumper with a clay bar, scratch x and simoniz wax to remove tree sap etc. here's a better photoimage-24.jpg
The strip was wrapped in carbon fibre as I'm sick of treating plastics haha
image-23.jpg

image-25.jpg

Ph2 Meg 225

Not much going on really as I have just paid for my lessons but the latest additions are as follows:

Renault sport gear stick insert, looks a lot smarter
photo-7.jpg

C2 aerial as the previous was cheap and discoloured within days from the sun
image-33.jpg
Megane splitter fitted not sure if it's a fat one?
image-29.jpg

And pictures today after a coat of wax
image-34.jpg
photo-8.jpg

TT QS

Looking good! Where did you get the splitter and was it hard to fit? I'm contemplating one after seeing how tidy they look

Ph2 Meg 225

A guy on eBay, I will find the link for you and easy to fit took me about 45 mins because I didn't jack the front end up to get under properly. I just put a self tapper about every 6 inch and cut the ends off with a knife

Liking this bro! coming along! Jelous of you starting your lessons, I have just under 2 months to go haha :(