ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Retro JDM - Eunos Roadster

Fabia VRS
The scoob :(
Shame to see it go back to "standard" ish

Get that mk5 going tho Tom
Should be a good'n

More poke than viagr
POKE!!

P7160125.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
take the datum tow loop off lol!!! not a good look, minimal is better...

More poke than viagr
Dont want overfenders, really not a fan tbh, and would rather spend the money elsewhere on the car....like some lower seats so i dont keep hitting my head....

Progress is slower because i still havnt sold the scooby and have no money lol!

Fingers crossed it should be sold tommorow though :)

Can then order coilovers :D

More poke than viagr
Got tyres fitted couple of days ago, but had to wait for new extended wheel nuts to arrive before i could fit the wheels. They are now on though! :D

They do poke out a fair bit, but not as much as i was expecting tbh, so rather happy with that :) Just some slight modifications required now, remove arch liners (as theres a couple of bolts in there that are destroying the tyres!) and add some camber :) Should be sorted today though as ive got a £150 mile trip to do tommorow!

Pics soon to follow :)

More poke than viagr
Suprised at how low it is already, had to remove several bolts from the inside of the front wheel arches due to rubbing already.....Cant wait to get it slammed on a set of coilovers now :D

Teaser pic until rest are uploaded :)

DSCF4378.jpg

More poke than viagr
DSCF4377.jpg

DSCF4380.jpg

DSCF4379.jpg

DSCF4382.jpg

I know its not low enough yet, saving up for coilovers. Should only be a couple weeks at most until its slammed :D

Also thinking about getting a side exit exhaust made up

More poke than viagr
That is with max camber on the front, so think im going to have to go for some narrower tyres :(

What tyres did you go for, they look massive... sorry if its allready been said.

Ah just remembered they are 14".. tyre selection is shite haha

A sidey may give you lots of ground cleance problems once its slammed?

More poke than viagr
Dont like over fenders so wont be going for them :)

Wanted big profile tyres because they are only 14's....didnt want it running too low once it is lowered. Cant even get the jack under the car as it is now, even when it is on the big plank of wood i can only just get the jack underneath....so once lowered i dont know how im going to jack it up lol. So far it is lower than both my clio and scooby, in terms of jacking it up

that said, i didnt think the tyres would be that big!! Was looking at getting 165/55 or 165/60 but they didnt have either of those sizes :( So had to go for 175/65. They were also £50 cheaper than the 165's which helped to persuade me lol

More poke than viagr
Looking at 165/50's next, but will have to wait a few weeks until i have coilovers on

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Fair enough if you dont like them Tom, but it'll looking farking sweet with them!
Smaller tyres are deffo needed though :)

More poke than viagr
Think im going to sell the advans tbh, just dont do it for me really :(

Not sure on what other wheels to get though, know a couple of sets of BBS RM's that are up for sale, but want something retro JDM and 15"

PM about coilovers :)

Adz

Work van
they can work, just need to get rid of the balloooon spec tyres ;)

dont think these are advans but still look the dogs

5566007195_556c67a8a9_b-1.jpg

More poke than viagr
Advans just werent doing it for me, stance was s**t on them, so was looking around for some more wheels when my mate offered me these. BBS RM's, 15"x8J fronts and 15"x8.5J rears.

Got some cheap coilovers second hand from the mx5 forum, eventually fitted them (b*****d to remove the old ones though) and discovered that i cant really lower the rear because the coilover hits the driveshaft.....

P9130304.jpg

P9130300.jpg

P9130303.jpg

So removed all of the helper springs, which has made the ride appaulingly bad, but managed to get it looking alright for now. On the lookout for new coilovers which will allow me to lower the rear, but money is a bit tight at the moment after buying the BBS's!!

P9140313.jpg

P9140311.jpg

P9140316.jpg

P9140314.jpg

and then finally my Garage Vary front splitter arrived. Massivley improves the look of the front end i think....

DSC00883-1.jpg

and then thats me all up to date :)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks ace!
Cant help but think it's missing something though...

What happened to the eye kit?