ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 'showroom' 172 cup

Cup Packed FF200
LOVING your work! :)

thanks Mish,

I sometimes look at peoples profile to be nosey and to see who I am actually speaking to, and this made me laugh on your profile, as - and I don't know why - I asumed that you were male...ha ha, sorry

Biography: 'I'm a girl, stop mixing me up and calling me fella!'

EP3 Civic Type R
lol woohoo, the profile works then!!!

I'm going to have to start putting 'love and snuggles' at the end of each post haha!

In all seriousness though, I'm so impressed with what you've done.... and hugely jealous of them bargain wheels you've snapped up! :)

Up rocks
Awsome work, looking at your pics again has inspired me to get out on the drive tomorrow and give mine some loving as its looking a bit grubby compared to yours. Although i do have proof that mine can look clean...

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm320/PeteCup/IMG_0163.jpg

looks pretty stunning to me mate! :)

Its not too bad thanks, just can't keep on top of keeping it clean all the time with all the driving i do. Spent some time on it this morning though, shes all shiney now :cool:

Cup Packed FF200
a fairly big update:

Due to a combination of me managing to get water in the headlamps and spot lamps, and then managing to break one of the headlamp clusters drying to dry one out (not my fault I may add, getting the electric adjuster/motor and spline in and out of the light 10 times without breaking anything is verging on impossible) and the other being broken internally anyway and un-height adjustable....I have just had new OE headlamps and spotlamps fitted at my local Renault.

Something I would normally do myself blindfolded hanging upside down, seeing as I haven't visited a garage in 10 years other than an MOT (which even then I have the ability to do), but anyway due to circumstances, I didn't have the time or patience after wasting 2 days last week with a hair dryer and broken fingers.

So on a plus point (I don't want to even talk about the cost!) she now sits with new lights and a couple of new bulbs, the front end looks like new, especially as I had a few paint chips rectifyed earlier in the year.
IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Next up, in an unrelated incident the fuel cap had cracked around the hinge area where it bolts to the body (due to corrosion of the bolts), making it pretty insecure, ready to pull off at any fill up soon, so after purchasing a 2nd hand one - in the right colour -but unfortunately scratched, I'm awaiting that back from my bodyshop painted and ready to fit next weekend.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm really impressed with your work, i've just read right from the begining. I was starting to do the exact same thing with my old phase 1 till i hit the central reservation. Keep up the good work :)

Cup Packed FF200
get cleaning underneath tis the future! :)

looks funky fresh:cool:

suprising how much better a new set of lights make it look

very very tidy cup!

cheers all, as usual lots of good comments and support. The old lights in fairness had been weathered by the bulbs/heat I presume, they were looking a bit tired.

i'm really impressed with your work, i've just read right from the begining. I was starting to do the exact same thing with my old phase 1 till i hit the central reservation. Keep up the good work :)

cheers matey, :) More to come, just awaiting to hear about my tyres, although it might have to wait a while now, my mortgage is killing me.:mad:

sorry to hear about the central reservation halting your good work!:dapprove:

Cup Packed FF200
i would looovvee a set of those, they are mint looking

I take it you mean the lights, if so it does make a huge difference, even though the old clusters were only 4/5 years old these make the car look like it has just rolled off the production line. :)

What do you clean your grille with mate?

Nice cup

cheers.

Just waterbased Autoglym machine clean first to get off any muck, then coat with either autoglym silicone spray (quite dear) or any old back to black product.:)

RS RIP
Taken the front splitter off - no breakages I'm affraid.

That will go back on tomo hopefully, with a tidier front bumper.

Took the chance to have a closer inspection of things whilst the car was up, everything looks great. Took the chance to clean everything up a bit so I could see any future probs (any bushes or boots worn for example)
IMAG0122.jpg

do the Cups have these below enginecovers as standard ? mine does'nt have one and i want one !!

RS RIP
And are you really sure on the Turinis being ET 45 ?! I thought they were 38 !?

btw your car looks great, showroom indeed

Cup Packed FF200
And are you really sure on the Turinis being ET 45 ?! I thought they were 38 !?

btw your car looks great, showroom indeed

sorry, yes 7J16 ET38.5

Don't know where the 45 came from, think that may be the ET for the anthracite trophy alloys.

As for the 'sump cover' or 'drip tray' or whatever you want to call it, I think its a pretty standard fitment to the clio 2 172, as far as I know. Its only a piece of plastic bolted to the galvanised steel subframe as far as I can tell. Should be pretty easy for you to source one.

Most people take them off anyway, I usually do, they are just anoying when you are looking for oil leaks say, or wanting to get at something from below.

cheers all again for the positive coments.

Cup Packed FF200
just a couple more shots of the new light clusters and spots, last pics weren't exactly good in the dull evening rain.

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
Excellent thread!! Your car is mint :)

Cheers mate.

I will get some pics in the morning of the new rims and tyres. TBH they don't look that much better than the ones I replaced - they were in mint cond really! oh well :eek::eek::eek:

Golf GT TDI
Sorry mate no - they were pretty useless. The height adjusters were broken internally hence they were just 'flopping' up and down and you would never get them aligned properly.

ok no worries. its for a mate he is after some for his dyn 1.4 as his lights are all crazed. you have pm to;)

Lionel Richie
are the new turinis from renault or speedline direct?

edit - speedline direct, just read back a few pages

are they just turinis or are they the Renault turini's?? there is a difference

Cup Packed FF200
are the new turinis from renault or speedline direct?

edit - speedline direct, just read back a few pages

are they just turinis or are they the Renault turini's?? there is a difference

Hi Fred.

There is no difference at all in the manufacture of these wheels. They come off the same production line.:approve:

The only thing that would differ is that Renault would have a far stricter sign off criteria on paint/finish and construction, meaning Renault would only accept ones of the highest quality/finish. Aftermarket finish and sign off standards would not be as high.:D

Mine are actual Renault OE sign off, even though they are packaged as such. The notes on the boxes signifty delivery for Renault even inc part number. :approve:

I am only informed of this through a colleague who actually goes (well used to) to the Speedline factory in Italy because he was the chief tyre and wheel engineer for Aston Martin (until a couple of months back). This is why I got mine so 'cheap'. :eek: