ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Sunflower

Chocolate Bar™
Thought id join the bandwagon and post up a project thread of my car so far....

This is how i got her over a year and a half ago now, paid 4600 for her on just over 50k.

24102006.jpg

24102006002.jpg

The wheels were utterly shagged so the first mod i did was to have the wheels fully refurbed in dark pewter.

07112006002.jpg

07112006.jpg

I sprayed the centre caps pewter, with andromeda diamonds to match

DSC00069.jpg

like wise the steering wheel had suffered a hard life so that was placed with a momo millenium model

07112006005.jpg

After hearing a yozzasport exhaust, i decided that i must get me one, so that was the next thing on the list. picked it up for 350 quid off a fellow forum member. Seriously one of my best purchases, sounds so bloody good!

th_MOV00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

A few weeks after that i had a major set back, in the form or an argument with a lamp post due to the incompetance of stoke taxi drivers causing this....

13112006001.jpg

13112006002.jpg

this set me back a few months but soon enough I got her back after arguing about the quality of the repairs with the insurance company for a few months, and took her to her first meet with the west midlands lot

IMG_5485.jpg

Shortly after I did the obligatory mods of clear side repeaters and phase 2 rear lights. After looking at a few different engine bays, I decided to go down the polished route so consulted my local machine polisher after buying a spare set of bits. this was the outcome, with the addition of a yellow samco hose kit timsclio battery cover, and a andromeda fuse box cover.

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

The next mod to come was suspension. Unfortunatly i bought a dodgy set of KW coilovers from ebay, which needed the rears replacing so ended up with KW V2 fronts, and koni yellow/eibach rears.

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

In this time I also tidied up the interior with a few little mods, silver handbrake button, dynamique silver handles and resprayed pull handles.

DSC00253.jpg

Eventually got sick of the suspension as it just didnt feel right so bought myself a set of FK konigsports. This totally changed the drive of the car, again one of the best mods! Also had my inlets done by Ben R which also made a massive difference to driveability.

to celebrate I sent her off to Andy to give her a PC with awesome results!

yellowsub001.jpg

yellowsub022.jpg

Also had everything colourcoded, and sprayed the sidebadges andromeda

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00352.jpg

1371_fcs07.jpg

I'd always fancied some proper anthracite oz f1 cups for my car but they're ultra rare so got some decals made up instead.

DSC00014.jpg

I toyed with the idea of painting my callipers in yellow however ended up painting them gloss black for a more OE look

DSC00017.jpg

The next bit mod was he phase 2 rear and cup spoiler. I'd debated having one for a while and eventually decided to take the plunge. So glad I did, as its totally transformed the look of the car!

yellowsub3-1.jpg

Recently, i've fitted a polished gear knob and bailey header tank (havent got pics of that yet however), and a new set of black diamond discs and ferrodo pads.

DSC00472.jpg

mods to come....

these babies will be going in in a weeks time. Currently respraying the harness surrounds monaco blue as they're a bit ott for my liking

93d3_1.jpg

Other mods going on in the nest few weeks....

airfeed to foglight, new wishbones, bushes, driveshaft, front strut brace sprayed in andromeda to match the fuse cover, ph2 sides which are currently being sprayed with andromeda and yellow badges, a set of yellow HT leads and a set of brand new just matz which are currently sitting in my room... oh and cabasse headunit (Has ;)) prob missed a load of stuff...

pics to come!

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
^ whites more common now i reckon ;)

Also just fitted some phoenix gold front comp speakers, to go with my momo polk rears. Knew i'd forget something lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lovely Mark, such a nice car.

Ph2 172 bumper is getting tempting!

Cant believe you've still got the standard stereo! Not convinced by the new seats yet

Combo
looks fooking lovely, the only thing i would change is get the exhaust recessed into the bumper, other than that, perfection!

clio cup 172
Bout time you did a project thread on this car! Looking fantastic and sounding the business too!

Chocolate Bar™
looks fooking lovely, the only thing i would change is get the exhaust recessed into the bumper, other than that, perfection!

i would but the yozzasport exhaust doesnt sit that high, think its to stop reverberation in the car. May get it cut and moved further into the bumper eventually

Chocolate Bar™
Lovely Mark, such a nice car.

Ph2 172 bumper is getting tempting!

Cant believe you've still got the standard stereo! Not convinced by the new seats yet

stereos going soon when the seats go in as i'm loosing the 6 disc changer. I may get the seats retrimmed eventually, but they do look much better without the bright blue harness surrounds, also picked them up dirt cheap and they're one of the best seats i've ever sat in so so comfy. Was considering trendlines, but not convinced by them in all honesty, they look nice but they dont domuch else for me

M

mini-valver

Car is a credit to you matey, absolutely mint!

I've fixed the PAS issue on the VTS so when are you free for me to come give the sub some plugs/leads? :D

Chocolate Bar™
^ looks like a mint example though mate, you had a good buy there. What are your plans for it, and whereabouts are you from? a photo shoot would be awsome

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Great work Middo. Quality looking motor, the Ph2 rear really makes a difference imo.

Nice pair of Nikes by the look of it too ;)

Mondeo TDCI 130
Stunning!! i would love a sunflower, toyed with the idea when there was one for sale in scotland!! The cup has broke me!:dapprove: :evil:

Chocolate Bar™
cant beat ph1 reliability! to be honest mines a bit broken at the mo, will be going to your good self to be fixed soon though

M

mini-valver

Mark, wednesday? trip to Birchdown, Steve's going to go over the VTS to have a poke round and see why the wheel sits back slightly. Coming? :D

Chocolate Bar™
Mark, wednesday? trip to Birchdown, Steve's going to go over the VTS to have a poke round and see why the wheel sits back slightly. Coming? :D

count me in. could do with a chat with steve before booking my car in. should have been paid so know how much i can waste lmao