ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Sunflower

Chocolate Bar™
thought this thread had gone a little while, so thought i'd give it a quick update before getting some pictures of it at the weekend.

>bought some carbon mirror covers off streamline carbon
> bought a maxogen which will get a caf going from the foglight, and the feed will be covered in carbon weave
> used my door handles for a member on here, so currently respraying the door handles (badly it must be said due to the time constraint lol)
> installed a k-tec polished show cage to go with the buckets and stripping of the rear.

as for the rest of it, ive decided to go with some engine work and will probably be ordering some cams tomorrow when mark from catcams.co.uk gives me a call back :)

VRS
dont do the mirrors dude, will look pap :( the sub looks better with them colour coded!!

good work on the maxogen though :approve:

Chocolate Bar™
i was round has' and offered up some carbon mirrors he had and i thought they looked good. the benefit with them being covers is that if i dont like them can sell them on and replace with the originals :)

LY 200
glad you decided to go for engine work :)

I reckon the carbon will look alreet due to the bullets/wheels being darkish

Chocolate Bar™
went well with the wheels imo. would have preferred some real cup racer ones but i couldnt see buggery s**t out of them.

VRS
i was round has' and offered up some carbon mirrors he had and i thought they looked good. the benefit with them being covers is that if i dont like them can sell them on and replace with the originals :)

just rekon you have the perfect balance with the wheels and bullets now that the rest is colour coded :D

also you have to remember that from now on approximately 80% of all cs members are going to turn up at the shows and meets with carbon mirrors, fog surrounds, splitters, badges etc etc lol

Chocolate Bar™
just liked the idea of carbon mirrors, as ive been toying with spraying them the same colour as the wheels for a while now. not really interested in anything else other than perhaps a boot strip as the engine work will no doubt end up costing circa £3k.

VRS
money to burn fella ;)

im looking at other motors again :( spent the morning sat in the back of an unmarked yesterday, its starting to take the piss :(

Chocolate Bar™
lmao you hooligan. ive not been pulled for a while but i am running s**t legal numberplates :(

VRS
lmao you hooligan. ive not been pulled for a while but i am running s**t legal numberplates :(

same here, full size front and back :( you wont believe the reasons he pulled me :( got a section 59 now so if i get pulled again in the next 12months they seize the car and i get a summons :(

Chocolate Bar™
yeah matey. applied for a job in crewe so would be passing through nearly each night :)

Never above 25mpg
I really like your car Middo :D

Would ask you to polish the bits of my engine that could be polished if you lived closer :)