ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: White-Clio, 172 Conversion + Respray.

BBS and Lowws...
Love the car, great job and can see you've put soo much effort in it. Well done!

Have you got any more pictures of the inside of the car (dash area)?

I am planning on putting a double din style screen in mine and wanna see how you modded it. Oh and I also noticed you put the radio below everything else. How did you fix that?

If you got a few pics then that would be great ;)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Love the car, great job and can see you've put soo much effort in it. Well done!

Have you got any more pictures of the inside of the car (dash area)?

I am planning on putting a double din style screen in mine and wanna see how you modded it. Oh and I also noticed you put the radio below everything else. How did you fix that?

If you got a few pics then that would be great ;)

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. All the pictures I have are up on-line but I could take some more if you'd like? The screen was done like this;

I cut out the original air vents and separated the casing of the screen to just the front fascia. I then had it fibreglassed/bodged to the dashboard (it's held in initially with 4 screws, 2 either side screwing it in to the side) It was then sanded to look smooth and paint it.

The radio down in the bottom right foot well is a box constructed of MDF and then carpeted, mounting brackets were installed inside to hold the head unit in place and then I extended the audio wiring hardness from where it was initially located to the passenger foot well. I then used an Alpine to Renault converter to allow me to control the head unit using the steering stalk.

Hope this answers your questions :)

BBS and Lowws...
Hey, Thanks for the feedback. All the pictures I have are up on-line but I could take some more if you'd like? The screen was done like this;

I cut out the original air vents and separated the casing of the screen to just the front fascia. I then had it fibreglassed/bodged to the dashboard (it's held in initially with 4 screws, 2 either side screwing it in to the side) It was then sanded to look smooth and paint it.

The radio down in the bottom right foot well is a box constructed of MDF and then carpeted, mounting brackets were installed inside to hold the head unit in place and then I extended the audio wiring hardness from where it was initially located to the passenger foot well. I then used an Alpine to Renault converter to allow me to control the head unit using the steering stalk.

Hope this answers your questions :)

Yeah thanks, pictures would help if you wouldnt mind?

Cheers ;)

Clio 172
Impressed with the project and all the work that has gone in to it, nice to see the car in the flesh tonight it looks great in white. Thanks for the back box btw.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
No bother at all Gaverick, Hopefully next time it'll be all gleaming!

Hope you get the back box all sorted :)

See you around :)

1.2 16v clio
loving the build thread on this from one stage to another, do you have any pics of the door build's im very jealous of you for having them door cards lol

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
loving the build thread on this from one stage to another, do you have any pics of the door build's im very jealous of you for having them door cards lol

Truth be told I sold them on eBay and bought standard ones. They were extremely impractical and were going to cost a fortune to fill. :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
:( shame i missed them then lol out of interest how much did they go for?

£40 I think. Honestly they were not that great, I know the company who did them originally and could put you in touch with them if you like.

1.2 16v clio
£40 I think. Honestly they were not that great, I know the company who did them originally and could put you in touch with them if you like.

yikes fair enough still a good price for what they are im building my own door cards when its warmer :D

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Very impressive to say the least.

Thanks. I miss it sometimes tbh. It's scrapped now, was just costing a fortune in repairs on a monthly basis it would need something else. The rack had gone and it was an engine out job so I just sold the engine and some of the parts on, left a bare shell and got that scrapped :(

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just found this thread, car was a credit to you mate. . Side skirts are coming back ;) what you rolling in these days?

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Some new wheels would set this of massively imo! Awesome work though :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Just found this thread, car was a credit to you mate. . Side skirts are coming back ;) what you rolling in these days?

Cheers dude. A Citreon Xsara diesel saloon, doing 30k+ miles now so need something returning 50+mpg. Really miss the Clio and the power but need to save for a house and other stuff now. Getting old and all that jazz.