ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: White-Clio, 172 Conversion + Respray.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Apologies for the poor lighting and poor picture quality I will get some better quality pictures ASAP.

after a tremendous effort from a friend we have finally managed to seperate the gearbox casings and find the issue with the gearbox

18473_401186450692_878110692_10425337_5804320_n.jpg

18473_401184600692_878110692_10425259_8191882_n.jpg

this is not me in the photos btw.

The actual linkage inside the box has snapped where the person @ the bodyshop has jacked it, its broken a piece off inside the gearbox. I need to find a place where I can order the replacement part, if anyone knows if Renault Parts department would carry such an item that would be much appreciated.

Regards Dean.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
speak to Brun. He is king of Renault parts.

And front bumper looks awesome!! :D

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
It doesnt look like hes fully attached it yet or else hes waiting on skirts, one of the two :p This is going to look awesome when finished!

Keep up the work man! :D Hopefully you can get the part to fix that gearbox!

Mk2 ph1 clio
Looks good mate! I'll keep an eye out for this on the road when it's sorted! If ya need any pics of it lemme know! ;)

I've got the same model clio sittin on me drive with a busted engine, full sport interior, carbon bonnet etc etc if you need owt! ;)

non sport
looks awesome mate. keeping my eye on this. if you dont mind me asking, whats it cost you so far to do?and what you think the total will be?

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I want that front bumper!how much it cost to get that like it is?!

I got the bumper off the Donor car and the blending was an additional £100 on top of the price of painting the car.

looks awesome mate. keeping my eye on this. if you dont mind me asking, whats it cost you so far to do?and what you think the total will be?

To be honest I really haven't kept a running total. On a pure estimation basis I'd say £3,000 give or take £1,000 either way as I've made a tidy profit on breaking the donor car.

Looks good mate! I'll keep an eye out for this on the road when it's sorted! If ya need any pics of it lemme know! ;)

I've got the same model clio sittin on me drive with a busted engine, full sport interior, carbon bonnet etc etc if you need owt! ;)

What on earth happened to yours? Feel like a total melon I thought you said "if you need any parts off of it let me know" so I went and wrote a big shopping list of parts I'd take off your hands.

In fact double edit the last bit says you are selling bits?

PM me your number or email if you are selling parts because there's quite a few things I'd be able to take off your hands if the price is right.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Haha You realise it took me almost 9 months of pestering the guy to get him to finish my front bumper :dead: I wouldn't want to go through that hell again.

well il buy a bumper send to you and you can pester him in ur spare time ;)

E60 diesel powah
Wow! Good job on the front bumper mate, very different and am sure you will get alot of people asking where you got it done or bought it from..!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
She's been on the road a week now.

I have a few teething issues but that's to be expected. I have some photos to share and will post some nicer ones once I get new alloys etc.

001.png

002.png

003.png

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm going to be completely honest here, but I don't like any of it.

BUT!!! I felt the need to post because credit where credit is due, you have done a cracking job! Despite all your setbacks, all of the criticism, you have done what YOU wanted to do, and made a fcuking good job of it. Hats off to you sir.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
P7200524.jpg

P7200527.jpg

P7200531.jpg

P7200537.jpg

P7200554.jpg

P7200567.jpg

P7200567BW.jpg

P7200578.jpg

P7200579.jpg

P7200588.jpg

P7200593.jpg

P7200605.jpg

P7200620.jpg

P7200627.jpg

P7200645.jpg

P7200648.jpg

P7200654.jpg

P7200663.jpg

P7200667.jpg

P7200686.jpg

P7200688.jpg

P7200711.jpg

P7200732.jpg

I will add at the end, yes for those of you who pick up on it, the alloys do have bad 'kirbing' and they will be replaced by some black ones, the passenger side seat doesn't have a cover because it's being recovered etc, there is a small crack on the drivers side sideskirt and some chip marks on the bonnet all of these will be sorted. For now I'm just happy to have it on the road and not have a long list of teething issues.

For those intrested the insurance set me back £1,717 exactly with Adrian Flux fully declared with engine and all mods declared. There was some issues with getting new VIN plates etc for the MOT because the dash was changed.

I'm aware and have been since the start some of you wont like it. I completely respect your opinions, this car won't be to everybodys tastes. But at least im ragging it on a track and not the streets :)

Yes that is me looking like a bit of a clown in one of the photos.

I hope you've enjoyed the project log up to now and watch this space because shes certainly not finished :p

Attachments

• P7200554.jpg
    P7200554.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P7200567BW.jpg
    P7200567BW.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hats off to you mate. You've got the car the way you wanted it, and will be putting it to good use (track!). Enjoy it :)

i must admit when i was looking through the first few pages i thought "oh god", but congrats to you, i think shes stunning, different but in a good way, pulled it off nicely

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I think for me its the fit of the front bumper that lets it down, it should have either had a ph1 rs bumper or whole hog ph2 front end - rest is nice but its a shame it looks so strange.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Thanks for the constructive criticisms it seems the front bumper is a little like marmite. I'm hoping once I've got some black pro race 1.2 16"s on it, it will look a little nicer but overall I'm pleased with how she looks.

DCi 100
Fit on the bumper looks slightly better on the drivers side compared to the pass side.

Can't knock the effort, 3/4 wouldn't go a miss to the front end!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If this had a ph1 front then it would look mint, one of the best cs's on here in fact :D

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Good effort looks nice

but for me if the the bumpers were smoothed into the front wings would look a lot better

imo

well done though

Possibly but then it would just be a nightmare, I plan to have this supercharged etc so then I wouldn't be able to take the front bumper off to fit a intercooler etc so maybe it might look good but practicality wise its just not worth it.

clio 182
Amazing effort!

just read thru the whole thread and it is truely amazing what you have done with it. your finished result is one of i kind, and i love it!

well done!

VaVa
Cracking effort! :cool:

I'm in the "do not want" camp for the front bumper. For me you've taken the worst two bits from the respective front ends (ph1 lights and ph2 bumper) and combined them - and it just looks wrong imho.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
sorry but that is hideous

Don't be sorry for your opinion, it's yours, your entitled to it and to express it :)

Amazing effort!

just read thru the whole thread and it is truely amazing what you have done with it. your finished result is one of i kind, and i love it!

well done!

Thank you very much :approve: Comment's like this make me happy I stuck by my plans and kept with it all this time.

good work chief
(to counter the constructive criticism above ;))

Thanks very much buddy.

Cracking effort! :cool:

I'm in the "do not want" camp for the front bumper. For me you've taken the worst two bits from the respective front ends (ph1 lights and ph2 bumper) and combined them - and it just looks wrong imho.

It's a shame you feel that way but I'm glad we all don't share the same tastes it's why we have so much choice in this world. I hope you like the rest of it and enjoyed reading the thread.

Thank you all for the constructive, the positive & the negative comments. All are appreciated and I hope they keep coming. I'm glad to have a place in cyberspace to show off the car. There will be more things coming in the next 1-2 months so I imagine for now this thread may die its death till I ressurect it again in a few months with some updates.

Thanks again everyone.
Dean.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Source some PH1 RS wings and bumper then mod the bumper like this (Phase 2 lower grill)

1274857748_img_5396m.jpg

^
Looks ace

Also what you done with the rear? i see no pics ;)