ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: White-Clio, 172 Conversion + Respray.

Astra van,Mk1 nova
Just went rite through this thread! I can see there has been a mountain of work gone into this project:cool: I like everything to an extent and impressed with the bodyshops quality of work. Smoothing looks great.

However ive never been a fan of bodykits really (well not since ive been 12) and think that a white oem looking 172 would have just been stunning. But as always thats just imo :D

Will be keeping an eye on this thread, Good work ;)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I would have it de -sunroofed.

Quite a difficult job, I was going to have mine done but the roof skin is so thin it deforms when you weld, Very dofficult aparently.

I thought custom head lining wold have been the most expensive bit, But ive only just thought that you could put a Renault Sport one in lol

white is awesome, i even like the flushed sides, but the side skirts and front bumper (especially) is just god awful mate, i am sorry! but it does look like you have put a lot of time, effort and money into it, so good job :)

jamie

Clio 1.9 Si DTi
front bumper looks out of place, like it does not fit with the rest of the car, just my opinion thou, rest of car looks well.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Yeh, that's a very good point, I could take apart those lights and have the surrounds sprayed black.

Get it done, that would look really good. Would give the front a nice contrast with the black and white.
Gotta agree with getting some black wheels aswell.

Golf R/Leon FR
agree with everyone in here

the front ruins the rest of the car. im sure you could get a much better, subtle bumper than that one.

Clio 16v 182 Replica
Same with me i have to agree with everyone, front bumper and sideskirts look tacky and ruin what could be a amazing car, but each to there own i suppose but i would deffinatly change front bumper and sideskirts. other than tht it looks ace, Love the back tho.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ill be keeping an eye on this thread mate good work i love a conversion!!

no 1 on here will ever like the skirts wheels or bumpers, infact i dont either but if thats what you like then good on ya! hell of a drive to pick up that bumper hehe!

PH2 172
Put a subtle front bumper on and sideskirts slam it to the floor on coilovers and a set of 16" and the car would be mint mate

2000 1.4
Car is stunning, everything perfect apart from that front bumper! doesnt suit the rest of the car atall! get a Ph1 172 bumper, they're mint!

Front bumper would be handy in this weather but thats about it. Looks awful in isolation but more importantly on the car. It does not work with the lines of the bodywork at all. I'm not overly keen on the sideskirts or whats been done to the 1/4 panels either. Definately needs black wheels too.

I really admire the work that has gone onto it, but as per most others, the front bumper & skirts look out of place on it.
It now seems to have a couple of different themes on the go. Oh well each to their own as they say.

I would have it de -sunroofed.

Quite a difficult job, I was going to have mine done but the roof skin is so thin it deforms when you weld, Very dofficult aparently.

I thought custom head lining wold have been the most expensive bit, But ive only just thought that you could put a Renault Sport one in lol
With all the work that has gone into it I don't think it would that big an issue tbh mate, new roofskin, bobs your uncle etc.

J03

MX5 1.8
id reckon a white sport bumper would look miles better.. there isnt really nice aftermarkt front bumpers that look good with a PH1.. sport bumper is best tho am not an OEM bummer either.. diff bumper and decent set of wheels and voilah! u have it a very nice white clio

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I like the rear but the rest scares me!

I'd have used the whole of the 172 front end myself - that front bumper is the most out of place thing I've seen on a clio!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
small update:

been working on the car every night this week. and will be continuing to do so until the car is finished.
My new job has seen me with quite a bit of spare cash to throw around so I should be getting some 0/1AWG wire to run through the car, new mirrors, cameras, pc, subs, amps, exhaust etc etc.

I purchased some fiberglass door cards and boot build from a mate of mine, tbh the quality isn't amazing but the bodyshop is respraying them in white and sorting the finish out them.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

I also decided to begin cutting the donor car in half.

http://b.static.ak.fbcdn.net/swf/mvp.swf?8:152413&v=137750510692&ev=0

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
its not to my tastes, but each to their own and if you like it go for it. fair play for doing the work yourself too.

renault clio 1.4 si 2000
i wouldn't do it to mine, but i really like what you've done mate, finish looks superb, i can't wait to see those monster door cards filled with speakers! wheels let it down imo, i'd slam it on some dished chromes. keep it up! nice to see something different. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How does that front bumper go with anything...172 rear, okish skirts and a snowplow front end. It had potential to be a good show car...but that bumpers utter gammon!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
How does that front bumper go with anything...172 rear, okish skirts and a snowplow front end. It had potential to be a good show car...but that bumpers utter gammon!

tbh i was disappointed with how it turned out as well, I am half contemplating getting the mk2 ph2 172 front bumper painted white and made to fit the ph1 wings. not sure how that would look basically he had to cut that bumper in all sorts of places to make it fit and would have to do the same with the 172 one but im toying with the idea at the moment.

EP3 Civic Type R
Square, edged bumper on a very rounded/curvy car.... it doesn't work.

Each to there own- and I know some people hate standard, but work with the lines on the car. The work gone in looks exceptional, no doubting that, but that front bumper is terrible.

106 GTI
Making good progress, shame its not going to look like a sport but seems the show car look is coming along

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Gees give the bumper a rest already, i think the guy gets the point...

oh by the way, front bumper aint really blending imo ;)

haha love it!

going to point this out in big bold letters so people get the point!

i am changing the front bumper! I have already said that, please give it a rest about how dreadful it looks!

i really didn't think it would look anything like it turned out to look!

106 GTI
ive only flicked through the pics, what bumper are you going to go for?

For me it would have to be a genuine oem bumper, either a poverty spec one or a whole sport front end

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
haha love it!

going to point this out in big bold letters so people get the point!

i am changing the front bumper! I have already said that, please give it a rest about how dreadful it looks!

i really didn't think it would look anything like it turned out to look!

Not into that front bumper mate-you gonna change it? ;)

Other than that, top effort. Is coming along nicely.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
you know each to their own,.... not wanting to go over whats been said re various body parts, but i take Thas' cap off to you, i love to read these threads with the commitment, time and money that people spend on their cars making them individual.. every credit fella..

Now, about this bumper?......

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Well, Im thinking the 172 ph2 bumper made to fit the 172 ph1 front end, would be one of a kind but would still look OEM and at the same time....

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Mini Update;

the front bumper has been redone, I decided to get the 172 Sport Ph2 front bumper made to fit the car :D, I god damn hope this one looks good when its finally on the car, cause its set the project back 2 months and another few £££...

But to be fair I really wasn't proud of the last front bumper, it looked poo.

4245_197386940692_878110692_6855024_7605898_n.jpg

4245_197386570692_878110692_6854979_4952832_n.jpg

4245_197386105692_878110692_6854958_5951847_n.jpg

camera really sucks and the lighting is all messed up, the next photo gives a better idea of how white it is.

4245_197385375692_878110692_6854952_462928_n.jpg

4245_197337995692_878110692_6854170_2268870_n.jpg

Images to follow soon of it fitted to the car. :):)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Be interesting to see what it looks like with the ph1 headlights!

When will the front bumper be on the car bud? Any ideas on when it'll all be finished? Look forward to seeing the results :)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
When will the front bumper be on the car bud? Any ideas on when it'll all be finished? Look forward to seeing the results :)

Tomorrow hopefully mate. On my way to work I'll get some pictures if he has it fitted.

On the negative side the guy at the garage has been jacking the car from the actual selector shaft, It appears that the 'pin' holding the selector part in has broken and the gearbox needs to come off to sort it out. After that its off to get it MOT'd and Tax'd then it's on the road for me :D

I do need to know though, does the car need to be SVA tested? I'm doing it legit and I'm sending the relevant paper work off to have it amended with the DVLA.

Regards Dean.