ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: White-Clio, 172 Conversion + Respray.

Clio mk2 ph2
Will look great if that bumper is blended in well, you've deff got some imagination boyo! Where abouts in toon are you? Look 4ward to seeing it out and about hopefully soon

Ian

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
sorry guys, progress is going really really slow with the Clio, I've got myself another Clio as a run around for the moment and I finally got rid of my donor car so lmao, at one point in time I owned 4 cars 3 of them were clios!

anyway I went down today to see the progress with the front bumper, I've told the guy im in no hurry for the car so hes pacing himself with it.

I gave him the photoshopped version and said make it look like this without the number plate being flushed or the air vents.

I finally got the sub installs sprayed up how I wanted them and did a quick trial fit to see how it looked. I've relocated the battery to the boot and ran 0AWG wire from front to back, upgraded the alternator to 4AWG wire and ran some new earthing points on 4AWG with a main 0AWG ground.

I need to figure some wiring to ensure that the second battery in the boot is the one running all the equipment and it remains isolated from the door popper/starter battery but gets charged when the alternators on.

Anyway enough talk here's the pictures of the small progress. I should have some semi proffesional shots in the next few weeks when the car arrives @ my mums.

I also wanted to ask someone with experience for the process of changing this over, I've sent the paperwork to the DVLA and had it changed to white/F4R engine, sent off the new VIN or VIC whichever it was as well, But im not sure if i need a SVA test, the insurance company seem happy to take my word for it and the TAX office keep saying they dont want to know about it :/. I can't find a straight answer from VOSA or from DVLA. any clarification for the SVA/Retax classification/Insurance would be excellent! :D

Here's the pics i keep promising;

4524_209645755692_878110692_7143810_7767934_n.jpg

4524_209645615692_878110692_7143803_5053226_n.jpg

4524_209645300692_878110692_7143793_6591925_n.jpg

4524_209645965692_878110692_7143812_546479_n.jpg

Undearneath the false floor is all the equipment, a Mini ITX pc in a small form factor case running an EPIA M Motherboard and a PSU specially designed for car applications, none of this DC-AC-DC, just DC@14/15v down to DC12&5V.

The DVR which takes 4 BNC inputs and has 1BNC output, all the ports have a BNC-Composite converter and the IR sensor has been relocated to the front of the car from the boot to ensure the remote works from the front.

1 Amplifier, at the moment just a pathetic JL e1250 running the 2 subs, but in time this is getting replacex with a JL 1000/1 and 2x some sort of 400x4 for the front door cars which hold 4 6inch midrange speakers. Again im more than likely going to go for something in the JL audio range as I've got prior equipment from them and been really happy with it.

Over the last few weeks ive been running all the wiring through the car for all the custom looms, I've ran wiring to the back rear quater cards to put in USB points into the cup holders, My idea is to adapt these to take Xbox 360 controllers and sit them inside there. I ran the wiring for my http://www.ultimarc.com/ipac1.html ipac which takes switched inputs and converts them into keyboard signals via USB to the computer, this way I can program the front end which runs on the OS of the PC to accept these keypresses as shortcuts, in turn i can take something like a Sony RMX4S (rotary commander) and map the buttons on it to shortcuts on the front end of the carputer. All the wiring for that got ran a week ago and the switches (£15 each :O) arrived a few weeks back, I'm just busy flushing a new area into the dash to put the bank of switches for things like emergency lights, door lock and other tasks.

I'll keep you guys posted as soon as some more changes happen, I still need to order a replacement touch screen for the Lilliput (screen) as the original touch glass got damaged.

Ciao for now.

Clio 172 RS2
DAMN! White looks so good on a 172...

Did you fill in the licenseplate area on the rear?

Good luck with the ICE.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Will look great if that bumper is blended in well, you've deff got some imagination boyo! Where abouts in toon are you? Look 4ward to seeing it out and about hopefully soon

Ian

I'm from Whitley bay originally but im now living in Shiremoor, I always see CS cars all the time round town. Soon it will be people spotting me though :D

DAMN! White looks so good on a 172...

Did you fill in the licenseplate area on the rear?

Good luck with the ICE.

Thanks, I did fill in the liscence plate area, but in some respects im now regretting that decision. It all depends on how it looks when the liscence plate goes back on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just read the thread. Omg, from what it started (gash) to this (epic show car in the making). More updates plz kthxbai.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I did fill in the liscence plate area, but in some respects im now regretting that decision. It all depends on how it looks when the liscence plate goes back on.

Personally I'd use a sticker type number plate for the rear rather than try and put on a normal one.

DCi 100
Boot install looks good, would go for smaller subs (they are subs yea? :S) for practicality, but surrounding looks good.

1.4 phase 1
like the colour, not really that clean on full installs normaly but your one looks nice, not to sure on alloys.

Clio 182FF
What I am liking about it is that it's been done in such a way that it doesn't look chavey or 'Fast Car magazine' if you catch what I'm saying.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
like the colour, not really that clean on full installs normaly but your one looks nice, not to sure on alloys.

Thanks, I had mentioned earlier that the alloys are going, im getting some sort of 16inch black lloys on it. :cool:.....Or white, not really sure. When its all done i'll head up to the shop and put white/black against the car and decide then....

unless anyone phancies shopping some white/black alloys on to it to see which ones look good???? *cough* hint *cough* :p

What I am liking about it is that it's been done in such a way that it doesn't look chavey or 'Fast Car magazine' if you catch what I'm saying.

I get what your saying, it's not overdone with tasteless modifications that are just there for the sake of saying this component has been modded.

I've tried to keep it as subtle as possible and also keep it quite plain (euro style im lead to believe). obv without deep dish boolers.

Regards Dean.
Again thanks 2 everyone for all the constructive comments.

Will be interesting to see the finished product, but kudos for not settling until stuff looks perfect!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
So we headed off to the garage yesterday after work.

My friend gave me a lift down as the other Clio failed its MOT. We got all the parts and whilst at the scrapyard some thieving gypsys swiped my socket set! :mad:

To make matters worse we got home and changed the centre section (exhaust) of my other Clio to make it pass its MOT with no tools (cause those gypos stole it) finished it all off, pulled the handbrake and the cable snapped.

This was @ 4:55pm the day before it was due in for its MOT, so we got up really early raced around to get a new handbrake cable, got back fitted it all pulled the handbrake and the otherside f**king snapped!! argh!

so anyway I headed to the garage to start on parts of the wiring, I'm going to get some photos of the wiring up soon, theres an insane ammount of wiring going to the boot (you'll see in the diagram in a second)..... here's what we come out with;

4878_212160015692_878110692_7207664_5886269_n.jpg

4878_212160410692_878110692_7207667_5379297_n.jpg

4878_212160220692_878110692_7207666_6351020_n.jpg

and lastly this rather rough sketch I knocked up in PS to help me remember what wiring is going where. bear in mind theres a LOT missing from it, cause I just didnt have time to do it fully.

4878_212161275692_878110692_7207677_7162038_n.jpg

Enjoy :D

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
are those vibe deltabox linedrivers? everything is looking sharp mate, windows are are good, had to steal the relays outta my sisters a class flol.. shes away and will never know :p

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
are those vibe deltabox linedrivers? everything is looking sharp mate, windows are are good, had to steal the relays outta my sisters a class flol.. shes away and will never know :p

Excellent, Glad I could help mate :D There kenwood's, My JL Audio subs were 10" so I just picked them up for the time being, the boxes were made to accomodate 12"s So im think 2x JL Audio 12W7V2 and 2x JL 1000/1V2's :D

images
jl_audio_1000_1v2-400-400.jpg

These things push 1000W RMS each happily all day long :D

Just wait until the pictures of the door cards get uploaded, they will blow you away!

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
Excellent, Glad I could help mate :D There kenwood's, My JL Audio subs were 10" so I just picked them up for the time being, the boxes were made to accomodate 12"s So im think 2x JL Audio 12W7V2 and 2x JL 1000/1V2's :D

images
jl_audio_1000_1v2-400-400.jpg

These things push 1000W RMS each happily all day long :D

Just wait until the pictures of the door cards get uploaded, they will blow you away!

have a feeling im gonna be jealous about the doorcards then lol

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
have a feeling im gonna be jealous about the doorcards then lol

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

That's them, picked them up off another Clio on the cheap, it would not have been my idea to put 4 speakers in but I just rollled with it cause I got them for a price I couldn't resist.

They are getting sprayed white to match the rest of the car.

I've been looking round for a good roll cage one that's not going to cause too much disruption to the back seats. im also looking for a polished front strut brace. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the fact the tailgate looks like a campus one is worrying.

The number plate would have looked fine.

Get a stick on one. They are legal aslong as it's yellow and the reg is clear.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Yeah the fact the tailgate looks like a campus one is worrying.

The number plate would have looked fine.

Get a stick on one. They are legal aslong as it's yellow and the reg is clear.

hmm i'll try that then!

That's gonna be bloody loud! Vids needed upon completion haha.

that's the idea :D I'll get some vids up when its done promise

i realy like that boot set up

Thank you wait till the weekend, till I get the pictures of the wiring coming into the boot etc.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
are you gona change the side skirts?

Without sounding rude, you posted this up a while back;

attachment.php

I can hardly see the skirts being out of your 'taste' , plus you said you did the bodywork yourself and work in a body shop so surely you know how much of a b**ch it would be to remove something that's been blended into the bodywork not that I'm even contemplating it at all.

Clio
hahaha...wow! well tbh i dont think the side skirts match the front or rear of your car and i think it needs something abit more subtle to match, but as they all say each to there own! i do know how much work it would be to remove the side skirt but tbh i wouldnt have put them on personally.

no offense intended, just my thoughts.

this is how mine now stands,

IMG00012-20090523-1321.jpg

im sure you may not like it but i do, so thats all that matters.
Good luck with the project mate.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
hahaha...wow! well tbh i dont think the side skirts match the front or rear of your car and i think it needs something abit more subtle to match, but as they all say each to there own! i do know how much work it would be to remove the side skirt but tbh i wouldnt have put them on personally.

no offense intended, just my thoughts.

this is how mine now stands,

IMG00012-20090523-1321.jpg

im sure you may not like it but i do, so thats all that matters.
Good luck with the project mate.

no actually unlike a lot of other people on the forum, I can see potential in what your doing, I can see the end result and as long as your getting an awesome paint for it then it should look really good!

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
haha mike owning the lad lol, your car changed since then. lmao

vibe line drivers are good for the money tbh i have 2. by any chance did you buy the sub enclousers of a guy called mark? reconise them and the door cards

removing skirts that are already blended aint as bad as u think tbh

hows the front end getting on

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Yes Mark Nisbet, we used to go to the silverlink together back when he had his White Clio now hes got that 200SX :p Small World!! However Mark bought them off another lad called Sean who now drives a stripped R5 GT

CIMG4824.JPG

that's where they came from though.

DSCF0196.jpg

CIMG3815.JPG

However he changed the install again to this;

http://www.bassmechanix.com/gallery.php?galleryName=sean_clio_2

before selling the car.

The front bumper hasn't had any work done to it yet, the guy @ the garage is just doing it in spare time, he thinks it's going to be done in the next few days though! :D