ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project White Clio Pics

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
It's now on the road so i thought i'd take some pics of it, really pleased with the outcome. It's just how i wanted it to be, to me an understated, minimal look.

5905038241_0cc8846783_z.jpg

2tree 006 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

5905041043_cc3d0fd132_z.jpg

WP_000564 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

5905040267_bc5ccd4dcf_z.jpg

2tree 007 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

5905592518_550942aa1c_z.jpg

2tree 005 by Ricard o1, on Flickr

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
RS Tuning's old car? Looks awesome mate, bet it shifts with nothing inside lol

It is indeed RS Tunings old shell, the plan now is to hook it up to the rollers for a power run to see how it does and to check the power curve. Yes with the shell stripped out, the loom stripped to the minimum with no leccy windows, heating, AC, central locking, stereo it should be fairly quick off the mark. Really pleased wit the condition of the paintwork, at the start i was slightly concerned with all the stickers on the car the paint might be different but it polished up ok.

The inlets have been matched, i have a decat and K Tec stealth exhaust fitted and induction wise it has a silicon elbow off the TB to a V6 airbox with a 100mm duct running parallel with the injectors then behind the grill.

Discounted 1*2 parts
Looks amazing, been following your project thread and this is a cracking car!

Any more interior shots?

Whats the plan for the holes in the tailgate?

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looks amazing, been following your project thread and this is a cracking car!

Any more interior shots?

Whats the plan for the holes in the tailgate?

Thank you :)

RE: holes i'm not sure whether to fit the 'Renault, Clio and Sport' badges on (either buy new ones or source 2nd hand) i think the chrome on them might not suit the car. Another option was to cut some 1mm thick carbon fibre in a parallelagram shape to cover them.

I'll try and upload some interior shots on FlickR this evening, the pics on my project thread has interior shots but Photobucket has failed on me so they've disappeared.

S4 Avant
Hmmmmm. On the one hand, I know this car was once awesome, and it's a real shame to see that it's been stripped of everything that made it awesome.

On the other hand, it's not your fault for what happened.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Hmmmmm. On the one hand, I know this car was once awesome, and it's a real shame to see that it's been stripped of everything that made it awesome.

On the other hand, it's not your fault for what happened.

Thank you, it isn't my fault. I bought the shell with the rollcage still in it and that's literally all what was left in it. I went to view it to see in person what would be involved to get this Clio back on the road, everything! I mean everything. It was a tall order but i think i pulled it off and saved a Clio 172. This shell was sitting in a pub car park for i don't know how long. It needed wheels, suspension, brakes, an engine and box, all ancillaries, all the wiring looms.

It may have been awesome engine spec wise but IMO the exterior wasn't to my taste.The stickers came off, the white door handles and side strips too. To me it had to have the OE look, i even sold the 2118s and went back to the original OZ F1 wheels. Everything has been upgraded too, the beauty is you can't see it. Solid top mounts, coilovers, uprated ARB, wishbone and dogbone mount.

To me it's the finished article, how i wanted it, which is the most important thing. It's not RS Tunings car now or anyone elses.... I think i've saved it and done it well

130i Road, 172 Track
Awesome! But I would put the 197 style Renaultsport badge on the left or 200 style RS badge on the right & fill the other holes :D

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Its not bad actually, as its a cage from a left hand drive shell (all cup cars iirc are LHD) the middle part is low enough to climb in

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Yep Matt from Code Red Motorsport had major input into every aspect of this car right from the start. A big thanks goes out to you

Clio.
It was a blinkin' pleasure mate, apart from that bloody rear loom confliction with the rest of the car.
Need me to test it round brands now....? :)
Matt@CRM

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
one of the only clios on here i have actually said to myself "wow that looks great"

awesome project mate the outcome is perfect

Thanks a lot, the outcome is just how i hoped, even better when i see how it sits in the first set of pics

White should have been a standard colour in the 1*2 renaultsport range :) looks so amazing...

Although if white was OEM I guess it would lose the wow factor.... Cool car!

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
that looks soo nice!!
where is essex are you?
defo need to get another set of white 2118!!