ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proper race in the running-in turbo

BMW 320d Sport

Went out round Southend last night to put some miles on the turbo valver and eventually wound up down the seafront doing laps behind a Calibra 16v, seemed slightly modded and it was noisy and seemed pretty quick. Didnt know much about them until I just looked it up, a 150bhp 2.0 16v.

Anyway, just by pure chance I was heading home the exact same way I was so when we got back into the town centre he pulled over and I could see he wanted a proper race, so we eventually got to a set of lights side by side and I threw down the gauntlet...a race up Victoria Avenue and back. Well when we got there the place was jammed with modded motors all going the same way, but we blew them off quite quickly then got onto the open road, up to the roundabout and back down the other side of Victoria Avenue back into town. Tried a rolling start but messed it up a bit. Still, it was a good race, and Id say he won, he got in front of me a couple of times, but considering Im still running it in, and didnt ever use more than 4500 revs, plus I cant floor it or do any harsh starts, I was pretty pleased with it. Its gonna be a monster once I can use the full performance. It was only showing 5psi of boost last night.

CTR EK9 turbo

nice work, theres a new "Southend Slayer"in the making...... When you say he won, did he get like 1 car in front due to his abrasive start?

Must be a bit frustrating knowing that you would wipe the floor once run in and him probably thinking that he did you.

How many miles have you done know anyway?

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Ben yeah but can you beat a Calibra 16v without even getting to the half-throttle stop on the accelerator and changing up every time you get to 4500 revs??? Simon, yeah he only got off the line quicker cos he can dump the clutch and I cant (brand new kevlar clutch as well thats running in!)

nicely nick, nicely, i think ill have to pop down saffend in the next few weeks to see this work of art!

oh and btw, good on ya with the whole will power thing! id be soooooooo tempted! hmmm maybe scalp this one sod? hmmmmmm

Willy2

How many miles has you done so far Nick? I bet you are getting a bit jittery now, wanting to plant the accelerator:devilish:

BMW 320d Sport

LOL yeah I got the photo evidence, that harlequin Astra was a shocker. And that metro with viper stripes and some kind of snow plough splitter...on the BACK bumper! Only in Southend...

Raj Im on about 500 miles so far, only 700 to go!

VW Transporter 174

Most kings are crowned after great battles -William @ Hastings,Henry V11 @ Bosworth and now Nick read @ Victoria Ave against the mighty Cavalier ;)What i want to see you slay is a non modified car scalp,a real egg on the face job so i can call you the "king". So im expecting a Evo 7 or 8 or something in that league.

Slayer

mk2 172

haha, lmao, slayer, expect some race footage after this weekend, its donny show and im gonna challenge everything i lay my eyes on:D

mk2 172

ah yeah, also regarding the last thing we spoke about, the answer is yes, i have my eyes on the desired mods, bit cautious about stone chipping tho

i use to own a calibra 16v 150nhp redtop engine and trust me they are not as slow as u think

lets just say at top end i have had my cally at 135mph, they are so areo-damic its unbelieve at top end they can really shift....

0-62 i think my valver is quicker but after that my old cally would leave my valver

i use to own a calibra 16v 150bhp redtop engine and trust me they are not as slow as u think

lets just say at top end i have had my cally at 135mph, they are so areo-damic its unbelieve at top end they can really shift....

0-62 i think my valver is quicker but after that my old cally would leave my valver

Sorry I missed you last night Nick, I was looking forward to seeing the Turbo Valver or Valver Turbo, Valbo, Turval.... ;)have you decided what to call it yet? Anyway, we were supposed to meet the other Scoobys and drive down to the seafront with them but it all went a bit pear-shaped - lack of communication me thinks!, then little un decided to throw a wobbly, so we didnt stay as late as we were going to - I did see a blue valver parked up though, couldnt see who it was though. I think we may be going again on 1st May, Ill text you earlier this time - I WILL see this mythical beast if it kills me!;)

Lionel Richie

Well following on from the theme of existing Renaults

Clio Extreme/Billabong

How about

"Clio DONTf**kWITHME"

Theres two types of Calibra 16v the ones with the red 16v badge are pre ecotec i think there the 150 odd ones i think the later ones are about 140...