ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3/360/PC] Gaming headset discussion

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i'm having trouble finding anywhere that has tritton/sharkoon in stock for the UK. any ideas where to look? I've sent an email to sharkoon asking for the UK dealers.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
i'm having trouble finding anywhere that has tritton/sharkoon in stock for the UK. any ideas where to look? I've sent an email to sharkoon asking for the UK dealers.
I got mine from CCL, they've got some in stock.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
That's the one, can't comment on their delivery as i collected mine from their warehouse nearby. But good service, ordered on Sunday, got a text to say it's ready to collect on Monday morning and picked it up in the afternoon.

You have to live with quite a few wires with the Sharkoon's though, main reason i got it though was that it works with both PS3 and the 360.

Tesla MP3 2021
Those must be epic if they're better than the Sharkoon ones. I've had the Sharkoon's for a few weeks now and they've been immense.

Dont get me wrong the Sharkoon's are a cracking headset but imo the Astro's are far superior.

The thing that I have noticed the most is that the A40 Mix Amp deals with the 5.1 better and the result is a more accurate surround sound experience with a better blend of sounds across the board.

The one niggle I had with the Sharkoon's was the in-line volume control, which I had a fault with so had to have my first pair exchanged. Compared to the A40's where everything is controlled (apart from the mic mute) on the mix amp it just works alot better. When on live with the Sharkoon's because I had the volume controlled clipped to my top it was always rustling etc when chatting, quite annoying tbh.

Seb, if you can put abit more £££ towards a set get the A40's, you wont be disappointed. Oh then they are in stock over at lime360 :)

ROFL worth the money...

No headset is worth £200. I don't care if you can hear a cat taking a s**t 4 miles away.

Turtle beach X1 is all you need, £40 bish bash bosh.

Mito Sportiva 135
I got the X31s from a member on here for £60...they are awesome but I wouldn't have paid the full £100 RRP for them. Anything over the original will be an improvement though.

They have given me the edge though, my performances have really picked up using them.

Tesla MP3 2021
ROFL worth the money...

No headset is worth £200. I don't care if you can hear a cat taking a s**t 4 miles away.

Turtle beach X1 is all you need, £40 bish bash bosh.

X1's are f**king shite. The build quality is poor and so is the sound, and after about 1hr of gaming they start digging into your head!

That is your opinion, I have my opinion, I am right, so there :rasp: lol

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Does anybody know where to get a set of X1's? All of the online shops I've checked are out of stock or they're adding some rare item tax to them.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
can anyone tell me how to set up the Sharkoons X-Tatic for the ps3, i've got an old style tv if that helps too

thanks

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i don't know a great deal but are these 5.1 surround? if so irrc you plug them directly into the back of the ps3. possibly via the optic cable bit??

let me know what they are like etc as my birthday is in a month so may see if my mum and dad fancy getting them for me.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
aye there the ones, aye i'll let you know how they are. im exited allready lol

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
they came through the door 2 minutes ago, getting them set up now if i can

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
they came through the door 2 minutes ago, getting them set up now if i can
The mains plug, goes into the mix-amp thing, then plug the optical into the PS3 and mix-amp, the usb into both and the headset into the mix-amp and wire from the mains, if that makes sense. Then go the sound settings and just set it up from there.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
got sound through the head set now thanks, is there a best way of getting the sound just right or is it trial and error

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the digital light isnt on at mo, is that the 5.1 surround sound?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The new headset works a treat, it works for me on the open big maps, the noise of our footsteps and explosions muffle the enemys foosteps, works awsome on free for all had a few games came out on top even after joining in mid game. the psn chat isnt that crystal clear, the lights on the headset stay on even if you turn of the box so i have to unplug it of the mains to shut it all off

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002YTV6U8/?tag=cliospnet01-21

i've asked for a set of these for my bday.

tbh, i doubt a headset will make me much better, as tbh, i ain't all that great (i blame my s**te connection, but don't we all ;)) but people rave about how much help they can give. Plus i reckon it will be quite nice hearing it all a bit more indepth so to speak.

btw, me and Al are going on at 9pm after britains got talent if you fancy a bit of a sesh? prob do some sabotage and tdm

Tesla MP3 2021
The new headset works a treat, it works for me on the open big maps, the noise of our footsteps and explosions muffle the enemys foosteps, works awsome on free for all had a few games came out on top even after joining in mid game. the psn chat isnt that crystal clear, the lights on the headset stay on even if you turn of the box so i have to unplug it of the mains to shut it all off

That was one of the things I hated when I had a set.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
these are my first headset apart from the official PS3 one, so i cant compare to others, i looked at those too but i'd like to have the dolby lol.

Aye can do, my connection is worse after tea time gets laggy. i'd be up for tdm and domi, any other i seem to strugle

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
That was one of the things I hated when I had a set.

aye, shame though they do look nice they bright up half my room so bright. i had to get out of bed to shut if off cos couldnt get to sleep lol

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
no worries dude, we are pretty flexible for games so if you fancy it etc i'll invite you in to the party.