ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport Aircon Delete kit (lightweight)

172/1.2/E30
I'd go for the cheaper kit. Pulleys aren't that heavy and the standard crank pulley is dampened (for a reason i guess). Muchos hassle to change aswell.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've got the lightweight version, made a massive difference to the car!!

Although, without driving it back to back with a cup, i wouldnt be able to tell you if its any better the the normal one.

Id imagine however, that with something as important as pulleys, the lighter the better?

Id imagine however, that with something as important as pulleys, the lighter the better?

Not sure on the crank pulley as pink said it has a harmonic damper in it afaik and I've read in loads of places it's not good to get rid of them.

Doubt Pure Motorsport would sell the kit though if it was going to cause problems.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
To be honest, i bought it solely on the basis that Colin Satchell had something to do with it. If you've been around french tat for a while, you'll probably have heard of him & Sandy Brown, they're fairly handy at what they do.

Gods of French car tuning iirc. As i said PM wouldn't sell it if it caused problems and you are obviously very happy with it so I'd buy one.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the lightweight version, made a massive difference to the car!!

Although, without driving it back to back with a cup, i wouldnt be able to tell you if its any better the the normal one.

Good stuff :)

And thanks for all the replies guys.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
If you're still unsure just give them a call, awesome bunch of guys and very helpfull. They'd be able to advise you on which would suit you best.

audi a3 2.0tdi
I've got one of these kits and its fantastic quality, as thats all Colin knows how to do.
Nick is a very nice guy to talk to and very helpful, plus it looks bloody lovely when installed.