ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

quality

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
what do people normally shoot in? picked up an old 350d on loan for a bit but only got small cards for it, 2x 256mb and am not buying more memory as its only a loan and its old format memory, so am i best off still stickin to RAW or just kick the jpegs out at a lower size and have more pics? the pics arent going to be blown up any larger than laptop screen size, a4-ish

cheers

Coops

Cupra
I shoot in Raw+jpg at the same time. If the shots are keepers then it saves hassle, but you always have the RAW to fall back on.

CF cards are used by nearly all DSLR's so if you are considering one, it would be a good investment. 16GB cards can be had for just over 20 quid anyway so you could treat yourself to 1GB for the cost of a pint!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
all the newer cameras use sd dont they? the d60 and 1000d at least do and there the 2 camera am lookin at buying, altho i may be able to get a steal on this 350d, so may stick with it, only wants 80 quid for it i think, so good starter for 10 into the slr world lol

I used to shoot in nothing but RAW. But I got fed up converting loads of files to JPEG. And when you are at events with 1000+ pics, it can get a bit tedious! So now I shoot in the highest quality JPEG.
If your doing massive posters then shoot it RAW, otherwise JPEG is more than enough :)

all the newer cameras use sd dont they? the d60 and 1000d at least do and there the 2 camera am lookin at buying, altho i may be able to get a steal on this 350d, so may stick with it, only wants 80 quid for it i think, so good starter for 10 into the slr world lol

Yes, the newer Canons are SDHC and not CF. I've got 2 x 4GB SDHCs.

Cupra
Luckily not... then one day I can bag myself a 2nd hand 5D MkII and not have to pay out for new memory again. I still have a load of old Sony Memory sticks which are useless/ worthless these days.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
see am gonna be buying entry level so sd will be best for me to invest in memory

altho as said i may just buy this 350d and use it for while, see how it goes

Oil Burner
`in answer t your actual question, i shoot hte highest quality my camera allows. However i only shoot in jpeg. I need the FPS from jpeg, i would very quickly fill the buffer in raw, particually if it was a big accident etc...

Raw doesnt seem to massively effect the outcome of 90% of my images, most of the adjustments i want can still be done in Lightroom without causing too much damage. And teh gain in storage makes it worth it for me.

Look at 7 day shop, 1gb CF cards for £6