ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question For 182 Cup Pack Owners

Referring specifically to the cup suspension pack is there any (other than the anthracite wheels) visual difference between a cupped and non-cupped 182 ? Is it just me or do the anthracite wheels make the car look chunkier/lower somehow ?

Im assuming its not the splitter/rear spolier that has this apparent effect on the eyes as there both relatively small.

I read something about the cupped cars being 3mm lower ?!

R

rich[182]

182 alloys just look bigger than even the 172 alloys, think its the style, anthracite seems to help even more, Id love to get some for my 172, they are definitely better imo than the ones ive got

Quote: Originally posted by bogel on 13 July 2005

water scooshers on headlights and bigger spoiler.
The water washers are part of the zeons that the normal 182s have reghardles of CUp packs. The 182 Cup has nrmal headlamps so no washers.

The spolier and splitter come as part of the Cup spoiler pack it comes as standard on 182 Cups and as an option on 182s

The 182 Cup has the bonus of not having all the bits that famously dont actually work, from the 182 Sport. Ergo, wipers that suddenly pack up and present you with certain death - lamp washers that take a piss on your drive, rather than your lights...

The car looks chunkier because the wheels are eversoslightly wider?

Anthracite wheels (the tyres) are 205/45

Arent non-Cup wheels 195/45?

browno

ClioSport Club Member

I definitely tink its the colour that makes the wheels look so chunky (although I"ve seen very few non-cupped ones TBH!), on black especially, although I also think silver with the cup wheels gives a great contrast too, and inferno would just look odd with silver wheels!
Cup suspension is definitely much stiffer than on a standard 172 (not tried non-cup 182), and you can feel more bumps, but as a payback feels a lot stiffer on the road...

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Ive only seen one non-cupped black 182 and the silver wheels did look smaller somehow... I had to look twice! Its just the anthrecite colour that makes them look chunkier IMO. Strange but true.

Arctic bl. 182 & pac

I was in impression that CUP suspension pack is not only lower ~3mm, but the front and rear track was wider too.

[Edited by Galeb on 15 July 2005 at 10:24am]

Get 182s with and without suspension pack and make some measurements? ;)

IIRC The track is wider on the 182cup (or 182 with cup pack) the offset of the wheels is different as is the colour, there is a minor reduction in ride height the spring rate is different and i have a feeling the castor angle is different too. The only noticeable visual difference is the colour of the wheels.

Roy- Im on a 182 after having a mk2 172 and have suffered no issues with any of the toys that "dont actually work" lol

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 13 July 2005

The 182 Cup has the bonus of not having all the bits that famously dont actually work, from the 182 Sport. Ergo, wipers that suddenly pack up and present you with certain death - lamp washers that take a piss on your drive, rather than your lights...
lol... mine have been perfect tho

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 16 July 2005

IIRC The track is wider on the 182cup (or 182 with cup pack) the offset of the wheels is different as is the colour, there is a minor reduction in ride height the spring rate is different and i have a feeling the castor angle is different too. The only noticeable visual difference is the colour of the wheels.

Roy- Im on a 182 after having a mk2 172 and have suffered no issues with any of the toys that "dont actually work" lol
So the wider track is not noticable ?

Quote: Originally posted by nipa on 16 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 16 July 2005

So the wider track is not noticable ?

Ive only seen a 182 without cup packs twice and both times they were moving so tbh i think it will be difficult to tell unless they are parked next to each other.

No difference in the technical spec in the original 182 brochure, other than the 3mm unladen height difference.

Quote: Originally posted by Tangers on 14 July 2005
The car looks chunkier because the wheels are eversoslightly wider?Anthracite wheels (the tyres) are 205/45Arent non-Cup wheels 195/45?

No, non-cupped wheels are the same size.

tiTTy & SV650

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 16 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tangers on 14 July 2005

The car looks chunkier because the wheels are eversoslightly wider?

Anthracite wheels (the tyres) are 205/45

Arent non-Cup wheels 195/45?

No, non-cupped TYRES are the same size.
wheels are too, the 182 non cup originally had diff tyres very briefly iirc but they all have exalto pe2s now

Clio 182, Audi A3

The Cup suspension has wider front and rear track (the front increased more than the rear) than the standard 182. The hubs are beefed up and its set up for better turn in. So says Car Magazine when they tested a 182 with Cup bits last year (against 206 GTI and others which it beat).

Other mags say it has more steering feel than standard (which isnt saying much).

182 has a wider track than 172, thats definate. Not convinced theres any difference in the track width between 182 and 182 cupped.