ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Question for those who have used Hankook V12 Evo's

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hey all,

I need 4 new boots, and money is tight so I'm looking for the best value not so much the best performance.

I'm deciding between:-

4 x 195/45 R16 Toyo proxes T1-R for £193 delivered
4 x 205/45 R16 Hankook V12 Evo K110 for £244

I can't find anywhere that has stock of the 195 Hankooks :(

I've heard all the pro's and cons of each and know that I'm probably likely to get about 10K miles out of two toyo's on the front.

Can anyone who has run these tyres tell me how many miles (roughly) they got out of the fronts?

Armed with this info I'll be able to decide whats best value for my situation

Iceberg Ph1
I have been running the V12's on my Ph1 now for circa 3k and I drive my car pretty hard, the grip wet and dry is outstanding, the tyres still look brand new.

Never used Proxes before, so can't really comment, but have had experience with Conti Sports, Paradas, Eagle F1's and a few types of Falkens and out of them all the Hankooks have been the best I have used t date.

Hope this helps some mate.. (I assume you looking on CamsKill for your tyres?) I got mine from CamsKill and the service was top notch!

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Thx. Yeah ive ben shopping around for the best prices on a few tyres/sizes, sometimes it camskill, tyretraders, blackcircles or mytyre which are cheapest.

i know the hankooks are good and better than the toys in the wet and for wear - I already been through that argument. But how much better for wear I really cant get a feel of to compare. So I need someone who can put out a figure really

For the sake of £50 (£12.5 per tyre!) You'd be silly not to go with the far superior, longer lasting tyre. Even if they only last 1k more. Though to make it cost effective they only need to do an extra 3k to balance in favour of the hankooks.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Yeah thats what I'm thinking. But i still like to know what to expect from them and surely someone has an idea. House insurance is due and I need to spend about £800 in tradesmans this month so I need to know how well spent that £50 will be purely in wear terms

Swift Sport
Hankooks are deffo the best I've had for the money so far (Clio 197) And I've tried Contis, Toyos and Kumhos. I do trackdays too so I can verify the difference in grip. The Hankooks lasted me three trackday which is really good, especially with my driving lol.

last time i checked mine they'd worn about a mil over 2000ml

they're not available in 195, only 205

think BrownBear said he got decent mileage out of his (12k+ ?), on road and track