ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about RS tuner

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Make sure you have decent battery voltage.

Maybe even stick a charger on it while you do it.

Last thing you want is to lose power and brick your ECU.
That's partly why I thought today might not be a good day, how long does it take beginning to end roughly?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Pretty sure it takes about 35-40 mins from memory? Takes about half hour to backup and update your ECU, and then the actual calibration file only takes a few minutes

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
What's this all about?
20211003_164813.jpg
20211003_164133.jpg

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
No I unlocked it then when I went to do the next step it said unable to obtain security access from ECU. That's when the VCI number went mental.

For what it's worth my car start with everything disconnected.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
From Henk-

If you cannot get security access check the following;

- engine cold < 50C
- engine stopped
- ignition key in the full ON position
- proper battery voltage
- immobiliser function working normally, red dash light off. Usage of 2 keys or a key without a low battery can result in a malfunction

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
All of the above I'm doing correctly, I'm ready to give up on this soon

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Right this could be wrong as my brain is fried now.

I initially unlocked the ECU
Then connected to the ECU
Went to read ECU and it opened a window to save but wouldn't allow to save and said "couldn't obtain security access to ECU"

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've not got a clue, if you've followed all the steps and it's not working can you get a refund 🤔

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
A bit of progress today, I managed to get both ecu and cal files backed up, great I thought. Began writing the correct ECU file but once it finished it said 'write verification failed.

I've now put my backed up ecu file back on and will try again, any reason this would happen? Battery on charge and laptop.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Laptop on charge?

I remember having my laptop on charge was bad for using VCDS cables on VW cars. You create a 'ground loop' or something weird.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Also check the instructions, see if it mentions anything about not doing that.

I broke a (fake) VCDS cable doing it, was only fit for the bin after.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
It's said the same thing now when trying to put my original ecu file on, I'm trying now with the laptop unplugged. Next step is loosing my S##T.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Its not having it guys, second time trying to load my old file failed right at the end

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Have you fed all this new info back to Henk?
I've not told him all of it but I will, its far from straightforward in my opinion, if everything worked first time then yeah but I had to try and put my ECU file back on three times and the RST ecu file twice. The cal file is quick to do however.

Just need to road test it now.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've been for a bit of a drive, the throttle response is so much better and where as we know power gains are pretty much nothing what I assume is the smoothed power curve is so so much better and makes for a much nicer drive. It feels like a more powerful car even if it isn't.

Quite possibly worth the absolute ball ache it was to put the map on!

Still got an intermittent throttle pedal issue which I need to sort, it goes away if I unplug and plug back in the pedal so it must be a connection thing but I can find it.