ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Detailing Help

Finally built up a few products and im ready to give the car a decent going over.

I know how to start out using the snow foam etc but using the following kit can people suggest the best way to go about getting the best results.

SRP, Tropicare Carnauba Paste Wax, Clay Magic Clay Kit, AG Polishing clothes, Drying towels, Detailing towels, Applicators, APC, Tyre Gloss, AG Engine and Machine.

Never really clayed/plished/waxed a car before. Ive read the guide in the section and am pretty happy with it but wanted peoples opinion on how best to "set about" the car and in what orders.

Cheers for any help/tips.

120d M Sport
I'd get the wheels done first mate to avoid any grime from them splashing up the paint as u do them. But as shadowness said with the order, thats the way its done.

Also before washing you could go round the car with the APC and a soft brush doing the door shuts, inside the fuel cap and badges etc

Be interested to see what the tropi-care wax is like, that from i4d?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Do the engine bay first get it cleaned and dried, then:

Pre wash, Squirt down the lower half of the car with apc. spray on wheel cleaner, go round the door shuts badges fuel cap with a soft brush, clean all the wheels, arches, snowfoam, then wash and follow on the other steps...

I'd get the wheels done first mate to avoid any grime from them splashing up the paint as u do them. But as shadowness said with the order, thats the way its done.

Also before washing you could go round the car with the APC and a soft brush doing the door shuts, inside the fuel cap and badges etc

Be interested to see what the tropi-care wax is like, that from i4d?

Thanks.

yea it is. Its only a small tin on offer with an applicator. There was a small layer of dry wax on the top but i was told it would all be fine when mixed in etc... Smells pretty good!

Will give the car a going over this sunday. Might not do the whole thing and might opt to try and the tools on the front to see how they work. Belts getting changed on friday so the engine may need a decent wipe.

Will fire up any pics if i get round to doing it.