ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick qu re SS exhaust and insurance...

Car  Lotus Elise 111R
I am with Privilege, totally standard, and the standard exhaust mount is rusting through so time to change. Was thinking of an aftermarket SS exhaust, phoned them and they want an extra £75pa. Anyone else have this problem, does it sound reasonable/normal?

Cheers
 
Im with Direct Line and they charged me £55 a year more as it now classified as a modified vehicle because I fitted a ss system.:mad:
 
Well I am gonna go with the K-tec anyway, and just do a ring round when renewal comes up. Just thought it was a bit of a cheek really!
 
I've always though if you don't have a big chavvy crap exhaust on, like a nice stealth they won't think anything of it, the k-tec stealth does't look aftermarket to me.
 
I've always though if you don't have a big chavvy crap exhaust on, like a nice stealth they won't think anything of it, the k-tec stealth does't look aftermarket to me.

I agree totally, but it just gives the ins company something to kick off about if you ever need to claim. Mind you if somebuys it off me and did'nt know it was aftermarket, they could probably get away with it.
 
Exactly how is it any different from buying a non offical renault one from kwik fit.
 
Back
Top