ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quickest Standard Cup

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MAC30L on 30 June 2004

so what has a standard cup ran at york then?
Dunno?!

Mine ran 14.5secs @ 93mph with a Viper and the rear bench out though...

BMW 320d Sport

LOL you soft Scotsmen, poor diddums cant make it to York? :D

Before I start taking the piss, bear in mind that its in jest and I have no axe to grind with Scotland or its fine inhabitants.:)

Mate, I have gone to York at least once a year for the last few years to quarter mile, just because its all very well setting times in your own backyard, but when the chips are down you need a respected venue to really be able to stand by your runs and be sure of how good youve done.

Now before you say Yorks local to me, all that Northern lot know (Jon 2 Live in particular) thats its a long trek for me from East Anglia. I used to live in Southend and now live in Lowestoft. And I got to thinking, what are these Scots moaning about, its hardly much of a journey down to York to put in some proper times that no-one can argue about, in fact Im pretty sure its further for ME to get there than it is from Scotland. So I put in the numbers into Autoroute and lo and behold -

Lowestoft to York 402 miles, 5 hours drive

Edinburgh to York 300-and something miles, 4 hours drive.

Now ok thats a pretty big assumption that everyone whos Scottish lives in Edinburgh, but there you go. You Scottish pansies! I could stay nearer to home and put down some times at my local drag strip, North Weald, but its not exactly renowned as a benchmark strip, even though the times are roughly right. Rightly or wrongly, Santa Pod has the reputation as the place where you set your times, and its basically the middle of England. Now that may be a long way from Scotland, but its still a pretty long drive from where I am, Englands a big country. York doesnt have the rep that the Pod has but I think its pretty accurate apart from the one thing that Ive always run 0.2 faster at York than Pod, which the York organisers go into in their latest newsletter (its down to the launch strip if youre wondering why).

So if anyone from Scotland wants to set a respected time, they need to visit York at least, and if they can manage it, Santa Pod.

Anyway on another note, you northern monkeys dont come down to the Pod often enough either. Its all very well setting times at York but what about a proper Pod timing slip?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 30 June 2004

Anyway on another note, you northern monkeys dont come down to the Pod often enough either. Its all very well setting times at York but what about a proper Pod timing slip?
LOL

There are some (addmitedly not many) Pod timing slips in my pile... ;)

Will be down there in the next few weeks to compare the CTR times between York & Pod.