ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R172 CUR is this worth anything?

Hi,

Cannot yet post in 'For Sale' as do not yet have full membership and sold my 172 about 18 months ago (unfortunately)!

Anyhow, what do people think the numberplate R172 CUR would be worth? i.e. very close to Renaultsport 172 Cup with the aid of a carefully positioned numberplate screw. Is it worth selling it?

Does anyone know how much it would cost me to get a new plate issued if I were to sell this?

Just a thought of course!

Any help / advice much appreciated

redmini

OkOk, two screws or R172 CUP. !!
Anyway I would have thought it would be the 2nd best plate available for a 172 Cup TBH, really, what do other people think, is it worth selling it?

i've never been to keen on personal plates but if I did have one it would be car specific...

al

ST on the way...
Sounds like quite a good plate acutally, and as said with a little modification...

cup.jpg

i'm not convinced tbh, to make it look like the word cup you'd have to make it really illegal.
prob only worth around £250 if some one were to buy it.

Yep, I know what you're saying but there can only be one R172 CUP which has to be the ultimate for a cup driver and it's got to be better than the other CUPS even as a CUR!!!!!!!!
Did that make any sense?

I would've thought even a normal 172 plate was worth some money as i've seen the odd one or two!

thanks for the advice keep it coming...anyone know how much it would cost me to get a different reg number issued in its place, if I sold it?

Not second best, that would be...

A172 CUP

In my opinion, just a 172 plate with random letters at the end would be better than CUR, as CUR looks as though you are trying but couldn't afford the real thing.

That's fine everyone's entitled to their own opinions, looks like my views the 'odd' one out as opposed to the norm, but hey, at least I have a few different answers to my question. Thanx for the input so far!

cock mobile.
It's worth something to the right person; become a member and put it in the For Sale section, got to be worth £200 I'd say.

al

ST on the way...
Even thought the last letters aren't quite right it should still be worth somet cos it says 172!!