ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 Team V 182 Cup

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Local to me they have a low mile example, unsure if its in the same immaculate condition as my cup. Always loved LY, anyone think its a worth while jump. recaros/Ly and a bigger boot seem interesting thoughts please :)
Thanks

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
ill have a look at it.....see if they want to talk :)

Running cost be all that worse?? whens cambelt due same as 182?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Bigger, faster, can be doing triple figures without realising. All round more capable.

Also everything costs a fair bit more.

They are effortlessly quick. Especially with 270+ bhp.

It's upsetting to be honest.

The only thing a Clio is better at is getting the back end out on roundabouts.

I don't know, my Clio is far less enthusiastic to get it's arse out than a friends megane. That was very slidey.

Big step up in my opinion , I did it , and it is costly but imo worth while , tyres brakes etc aren't as cheap , Cambelts normally around the same price.

I average about 22mpg to work but I sit in traffic, on a run mines decent does 200miles on half a tank , and it's comfy to do that as well!

320d
For a daily I'd much rather have a Megane; more comfortable, quieter, torquey engine.

Can't beat the Clio for just thrashing around though.

LY FF 200 CUP
I've been against r26 in my 200 and in standard form around town all depends on driver. I wouldn't say a massive step up, definitely more tuneable but not loads faster standard imo

Clio 200 Raider
I currently drive both cars in our household and regularly jump in and out of each one daily.
The clio is awesome for a quick blast and country road and just feels raw. The megane just feels effortless as already mentioned and so smooth to drive and with the torque just feels the easier drive

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'd just get a 225
b65f875ef43fc6e04205d26a17753eee.jpg

S4 Avant
Paul, are you confident buying a car that you won't know the exhaust painting history of?

Also, meganes sound like tractors.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think they're much more expensive to run. Nothing other than maintenance went wrong on my 172/82 or r26 - could be different if I had a nail I guess.

The torque makes an r26 feel quicker and it is easier to drive faster, but standard vs standard there isn't that much in it when 'going for it' - but in gear and day to day driving it's much more capable. Megane clearly has a lot more tuning potential too - a new exhaust and remap would make a healthy difference. Just depends if yore into the modding scene.

R26/200 Raider
Just a simple Stage 1 upgrade will see 270 Bhp. Like somebody said three figure speeds are too easy and speeds achievable through the twistys defy the laws of physics. Great cars but be careful as they do have their faults which can be costly to fix. Pick a good one and you won't regret it. Liquid Yellow is the best colour but can be expensive to repair if damaged.