ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R27 is going ..... and in its place wil be ....

Clio rs200, racing blue, black speedline, cup pack, recaros, climate....

Also having small rear renaultsport spoiler and a renault sport front splitter fitted by the dealership in with the deal.

2600 miles on the clock, one scuffed alloy but other than that its mint - been very well looked after by the look of the polish in the boot.

Dealership are also removing the c l i o badge from the back, and changing the renaultsport badge to the new type and adding a rs badge to the front grille.

Spoiler and spiltter will be painted in gloss black to match front bumper insert.

Heres some crappy photos of it at the dealership...hadnt been washed after a motorway journey in the rain so it was a bit filthy but the colour is stunning in the flesh

Should have it within a couple of weeks- paid a deposit today

DSC00292.gif

DSC00291.gif

DSC00290.gif

DSC00290.gif

DSC00289.gif

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nice!

I just wish the 200 looked as good as the R27. It's drives better though, no doubt about it!

LY 200
BEAUT - Exactly what i would go for but would'nt have accepted the scuffed wheel though!

When i was considering PX'in my LY 182 for one they tried knocking me down on alloy chips (not kerbing or scuffing) by saying it was there policy not to shift cars without perfect rims so they would need refurbin.

BEAUT - Exactly what i would go for but would'nt have accepted the scuffed wheel though!

When i was considering PX'in my LY 182 for one they tried knocking me down on alloy chips (not kerbing or scuffing) by saying it was there policy not to shift cars without perfect rims so they would need refurbin.

Thanks , thats interesting to know--- i will have a word on tuesday about that then

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Suprised alot of 197 owners are making the switch tbh

Did you get the light and sight pack (i,e an optic lense) so you could add xenons, the thing that makes or breaks a 200 for me :eek:

LY 200
If i needed a car more than i do i would make the change too!

The 200 is a progression on the 197 in every area aswell as looks tbh.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If i needed a car more than i do i would make the change too!

The 200 is a progression on the 197 in every area aswell as looks tbh.

Is it though?? Ive been in a 200 and although very impresses by its all round capabilities im unsure that it actually is the better drivers car...?

Both fellow members (Kenny and Alan) cars i were in felt on a par to be fair, from the passenger seat anyway. I may be completley wrong as its been around 4 years since i drove a 197 but im unsure i could (if i owned a 197) Justify it as a "step up" per-se?

LY 200
Thats f**king lovely in those pictures so i cant imagine how nice it must be in the flesh!

Has got me wanting now. Haha

cheers- very chuffed - definately going to go for the cup spoiler now with the splitter I think ..... can only find a pic of it on a 197 but I do like the cup bodykit on the racing blues

iaz204isback_018.jpg

iaz204isback_025.jpg

Golf 7R
Is it though?? Ive been in a 200 and although very impresses by its all round capabilities im unsure that it actually is the better drivers car...?

Both fellow members (Kenny and Alan) cars i were in felt on a par to be fair, from the passenger seat anyway. I may be completley wrong as its been around 4 years since i drove a 197 but im unsure i could (if i owned a 197) Justify it as a "step up" per-se?

It's what the 197 should have been. I had my 197 for 2 years and loved every minute of it, but the 200 is better in every respect.

I'm not trying to justify my purchase, and i'm in no way a fanboy, but if it wasn't that much of an improvement over the 197, then i'd be the first to admit it.

Owners have seen the improvement, as well as the majority of the magazines. It's a car you need to live with day to day to form an opinion, rather than the usual 30 minute test drive from cold from a dealers.

GTD, Lupo
Suprised alot of 197 owners are making the switch tbh

Did you get the light and sight pack (i,e an optic lense) so you could add xenons, the thing that makes or breaks a 200 for me :eek:

Do xenons make it go faster?? Really dont see the obsession with xenons when you only use them after 18:00. :cool:

Gorms

LY 200
Owners have seen the improvement, as well as the majority of the magazines. It's a car you need to live with day to day to form an opinion, rather than the usual 30 minute test drive from cold from a dealers.

Agreed!

Being a 30 minute driver myself rather than a day to day probably means i would never really notice the difference other than looks but as said im a fan of those anyway but only if it RB/AG/LY (in that order) with Speedlines!

Do xenons make it go faster?? Really dont see the obsession with xenons when you only use them after 18:00. :cool:

Gorms

Agreed!

Only time i ever miss my xenons from the 182 is when im going through the dartford tunnel - Rest of the time lights are lights imo.

Not sure i would ruin it by going for the cup spoiler though - Must be a very marmite thing that but for me it just looks tacky.

Da

Less
HIDs can easily be added though, so long as you've specced the cornering lights. No big deal IMO.

As much as I love my 182 Xenons, the lack of them on a 200 wouldn't put me off.

Fiesta ST2
I drive a lot.. last year most of my driving was done from 5am to 7am to site and from about 6pm until 8pm home from site.. it was pure darkness and I had standard lights.. imo they are worth the extra money even if you rarely drive at night because they make such a difference!

Shhh
I would talk to the dealer about getting a replacement rim for that wheel, and keep the old one as a spare wheel at home.

Should be about £200-£300 for the rim.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Looks pretty nice in RB to be fair, the speedlines make the overall car look 100X better over those shitty 5 spokes as standard..

LY 200
I like the Speedlines massively but also the s**tty five spokes look pretty damn good in the flesh.

Still dont like that spoiler one bit mind.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I like the Speedlines massively but also the s**tty five spokes look pretty damn good in the flesh.

Still dont like that spoiler one bit mind.

They just don't suit the car imo... look like the standard wheels were a after thought.. the person in charge of renaultsports new wheel designs wants a slap.. the megane 250's are utterly gash!

DCi 100
Seen one of these IRL spec'd exactly to what yours is.

Kinda liked it because it was more oddball than good to look at. Unsure weather I would own one given the chance to have a mint R27 though!

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
Looks lovely, I hate the cup spoilers though. Much prefer the one on the 20th anniversary model on the t.v ads atm.