ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:R32 - finished, & clean

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Firstly, apologies for the lack of tyre shine, but i was in a bit of a rush to get some pictures and forgot to do it :dapprove:

Spec is now perfect imho - all the factory options bar sunroof, Recaros, coilovers & Wireless Haldex Controller.

With a manual box it would be the best all round car ive owned, unfortunately with DSG, it has to lose out to the M3, purely because of the lack of clutch, & me having to buy another sodding clio to get max thrills out of a recent trackday.

DSC07038_zpsb4b54b82.jpg

DSC07035_zps66971029.jpg

DSC07018_zpsef5dae48.jpg

DSC07010_zps8e9b4b46.jpg

DSC07008_zps4c31568a.jpg

DSC07004_zps2693a936.jpg

DSC07029_zpsb1689ada.jpg

DSC07025_zpscfbb6922.jpg

DSC07024_zps61a9208d.jpg

DSC07026_zps7e9d1d0a.jpg

DSC07034_zpse8d855e1.jpg

I WILL have another in a few years time for definate. Looking at it now makes me sad that i've been so frivolous in the past with money.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
That looks awesome.. Kind of strange looking, but i think thats because its clean :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Utterly awesome machine mate. For 5 doors that's some package for a quick family car barring some strong mpg.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That looks awesome.. Kind of strange looking, but i think thats because its clean :rasp:

More than likely lol.

Utterly awesome machine mate. For 5 doors that's some package for a quick family car barring some strong mpg.

Yeah, its a wicked bus, much prefer the shape of the moredoor as well actually :eek:

The mpg isnt that bad, certainly no worse than a 330i!!

Looks great, shame its not a manual!

Yup :dapprove:

I was so tempted by one of these. They sound lovely.

Oh yus, epic noise. Would be better with two ruddy great big turbos like yours though ;)

No BOSE?

Also no bluetooth?

Cant get BOSE on the R32, although it does have the 10 speaker upgrade package thingy.

Makes the rear window vibrate nicely when da bass kicks in yo.

Had a VW handsfree kit but it was rubbish, ie wouldnt work with the iPhone lol, so put the Parrot MKi9200 in instead.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not had much interest in it Dave? I thought this would have sold like a hot cake seeing as it has the Recaro's etc?

They really blend in in this colour, i like them in red. Seem's to be the rarer of the colours?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Really like that and the recaros look awesome! Agree on the DSG though, its excellent for an auto box but still no manual.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I just don't think buying these type of cars in manual offers anything more. It's not a nimble light hot hatch.

They suit DSG style boxes.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Not had much interest in it Dave? I thought this would have sold like a hot cake seeing as it has the Recaro's etc?

They really blend in in this colour, i like them in red. Seem's to be the rarer of the colours?

Havent really advertised it properly yet, just on here & the R32oc. Had a chap view the other day, agreed a deal, etc, promised a deposit, kept promising a deposit then bailed yesterday after his 'other car needed some work'.

Dayum that's nice. Like really really nice.

You've created a cracking motor there.

Cheers Rob :eek: you wanna buy it lol.

What's next?

Hopefully a house, but in the meantime a cheapo R53 Cooper S which im picking up this week sometime.

TTRS & V50
Soo want one, I keep looking -

550 Tax scares me, and I think the NOISE would kill me on fuel. If I can get 30MPG I'd be happy, I don't know if that's do-able though real-world.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Soo want one, I keep looking -

550 Tax scares me, and I think the NOISE would kill me on fuel. If I can get 30MPG I'd be happy, I don't know if that's do-able though real-world.

Tax is only £460, not £550!! Compared to a 182 Trophy at £250, its only another £17.50 a month, so like 40 minutes work lol. 30mpg is possible on a journey if you sit at 75ish, average for me prior to moving to town was 27-28. Now sat in traffic most of the time its 25 or so. Im used to doing 100 miles a day in a string of e46 330i's and an M3 though, so relatively high running costs are the norm for me i guess. Now im doing 10 miles a day the mpg really doesnt matter.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think it looks great. Shame they didn't fit the S3 type steering wheel as they look really good.

I'm always talking about selling the Trophy, but an R32 mk5 is a car I'd love to try.

Have you found a buyer for this then?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Can't decide between one of these or an Ed30. You've had both haven't you Dave? What's your thoughts?

My Ed30 was a massive disappointment & i couldnt wait to get rid of it. The R32 is awesome and i dont really want to sell it.

I get the same 28mpg from both, tax is more in the R32 but it doesnt have a cambelt to change, or a turbo to worry about breaking. I also dont have to upgrade the brakes to R32 ones in order to actually stop the car, as it already has them fitted. Did i mention the noise? The Gti sounds like a dishwasher. The R32 sounds like god clearing his throat.

Essentially, with a car as sensible as a Golf, you need something extra to add a bit of character to avoid soul destruction, the comes in the form of:

I'm collecting the R53 tonight and have insured it for 2 weeks. If i dont like it, im just gonna keep the Golf tbh. House can wait.

Last edited by a moderator: