ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:R32

RX7 FD
Yeah, usually take Sarah's TT there for the more complicated stuff, that i cant be bothered to do ;)

Ended up being £475, cheaper than quoted, which is always nice. Although i do hate spending money on things that i cant see and/or feel any difference for doing though!!! Then i noticed that my brand new windscreen has a ruddy great big crack in it. FFS.

Yea I have had a few of my cars MOT'd and an ex's Polo wiring problem sorted there. Always were good service!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Can't keep up with your car moves! - What happened to the M3?

Newer spec wheels are nicer imo, but overall, good choice. Keep OEM exhaust too!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Can't keep up with your car moves! - What happened to the M3?

Newer spec wheels are nicer imo, but overall, good choice. Keep OEM exhaust too!

Was planning on buying a house, so sold it for a 197 Cup to be more sensible/save money (plan was to maybe get rid of the Trophy as well), but the 197's mpg didnt warrant the lack of speed, & it wasnt as fun as the Trophy. So i sold it after 3 weeks. Then bought a 330i Sport touring for Le Mans - to carry the fridge/luggae etc, then got rid of that when i got back as the R32 came up at a good price ...

Stuck my plate on the Golf today, so thought id take a little picture:
IMG_2066.jpg

Loving it so far tbh, great car to cruise up & down the motorway in, whilst having that lovely rasp when you want to push on a bit. Not missing manual for day to day cruising about/traffic jams either to be honest!! Stereo is awesome as well, & the bass makes the rear window shake :eek:

Mpg is hovering at 29 now, so no worse than an auto 330i, but the DSG is much better for 'fun' driving, BMW auto is more one dimensional, ie bargelike. Amazed at how much better the R32 is than the Gti though, literally worlds apart!! Big engine, smallish car ftw. Tempted to get an Evoms V-Flow ar intake for it, if only as the air filter is huge & will no doubt sound quite epic.

evoms_2.jpg

Petrol Blue 182.
what do they say in the office dave? I bet they can't keep up with the changes!

Still not seen this yet.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
what do they say in the office dave? I bet they can't keep up with the changes!

Still not seen this yet.

Ha ha, they're generally used to it now!! Although we do have a new girl who was slightly confused by me turning up in 3 days during one week when i bought it lol - 330/Trophy/Golf.

You need to come to footy more often ... then you'd see/hear it ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Isnt the plate change normally just before you sell it?

When you only keep a car for 3 months on average, everything you do is just before you sell it
willy_nilly.gif

Is a nice car, but you just never know whats around the corner really. Sarah has given me permission to go racing if i want to next year, so i might end up selling it & buying another 320d Sport to save fuel money - £200 a month would pay for quite a few races you see. Havent quite decided yet though.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
When you only keep a car for 3 months on average, everything you do is just before you sell it
willy_nilly.gif

Is a nice car, but you just never know whats around the corner really. Sarah has given me permission to go racing if i want to next year, so i might end up selling it & buying another 320d Sport to save fuel money - £200 a month would pay for quite a few races you see. Havent quite decided yet though.

Here we go again lol....

Buy one, inspection 2 it, put your plate on, then it'll be time for me to buy another and I'll have it..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dsg, check, fake 6 pot, check, Vag, check. Winner.. definitely. :eek:

That Cayman I got in earlier.. too busy looking for the paddleshift... :eek: Feck changing gear these days! Pauper!

willy_nilly.gif

Makes senes. I would sell it and go racing. Even if you only do it for a year its best to get it out of your system before you actually buy a house.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dsg, check, fake 6 pot, check, Vag, check. Winner.. definitely. :eek:

That Cayman I got in earlier.. too busy looking for the paddleshift... :eek: Feck changing gear these days! Pauper!

lol, i took the clio to work yesterday morning.

Start engine
Let it warm up
Try & put it into gear
Stall

Seems i needs to press a clutch in the clio :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
FPMSL! I stalled the Cayman pulling out the carpark... blamed it on the high pedal. :eek:

I've fallen for Dsg big time!

Oh and once I had pulled away down the straight bit of road, realised the revs were bouncing off the limiter in first, ooops have to change gear innit, went to flick the up paddle behind the wheel... nothing there... bare in mind this is 10 seconds after putting it into first! :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I know, it felt dirty to start with then I drove a 172 again and realised how bad the gearbox and clutch was.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Baller post count old dog. Why you no have iPhone though? Tried to send you Cayman S pics earlier... f**k paying for the privilege!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Baller post count old dog. Why you no have iPhone though? Tried to send you Cayman S pics earlier... f**k paying for the privilege!

LOL! I'm the same Kev, go to send picture.. No iphone? Don't bother.

Car's looking good Dave, you can't put that under the bonnet though, shirley?

I've got an iPhone4 so it should have worked? Arent you on Scotmobile though, they dont like sending texts to the English networks from memory. You can take our minutes, but you cant take our freedom, etc.

Re: the thing for under the bonnet, whilst i am tempted, purely for extra warble noise, the likelyhood of me actually being bothered to fit one, is highly unlikely. And Budgie wont do it as VAG upsets him. The sight of Haldex turns him to dust iirc.

RX7 FD
Dave are you ever going to have a deposit? Especially if the missus is allowing you to go racing next year. Legend of a lady though!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dave are you ever going to have a deposit? Especially if the missus is allowing you to go racing next year. Legend of a lady though!

Yeah, at some point lol. Deal is that i can go racing, if we then go travelling for 3 months at some point in the next 5 years ... To be honest, id be happy with even one race, just to tick that box in the dreams category of my lifetime. With luck a talent scout for McLaren would just so happen to be at that race, be amazed at my natural ability, & id be signed as their test driver there & then. With luck anyway.

Im unsure really, could sell the Trophy to cover most the cost of building/buying a race car, but the rest of it is quite expensive & quickly adds up. 3 years ago i just would have just done it, now i think about what other boring/sensible things that money could be spent on instead :eek:

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I don't think you should sell it yet, I'm not in a position to buy it from you at the moment... unless I can pay some in instalments over the next couple of years? ;)

Looks good with the plate on though. Kind of makes it official that it won't be around for long though :(

BMW 330D
It cost me roughly £120 to fuel the Clio what would one of these cost? I love them but the running costs scare me

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
It cost me roughly £120 to fuel the Clio what would one of these cost? I love them but the running costs scare me

Depending on how many miles you do really - im averaging 28-29mpg, but you could easily get low 20's with a lot of town work.

Like anything with a bit 3.0+ petrol engine, you dont buy it to worry about mpg all the time!!

It is no worse than my 197 though ;)

You're going to be 40+ by the time you have your foot on the ladder!

Good lass though.

Nah, we'll buy fairly soon Mark, not so fussed when the market is stagnant though, i want to be able to buy a shed, do it up, build some equity, then sell in a rising market - also dont have anough deposit for the £250k+ that Sarah seems to think we need to spend on something anyways :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You sound like us Dave, we rent a stunning place and have a deposit there, we simply have no interest in rushing in to buy at the moment.

Oh and 29-30mpg for me. Had a good 80 mile round trip last night mostly motorway and stop start traffic on the way back. What a car, really couldn't have bought a better car for how I drive and what I use it for at the moment.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Trophy racer....do it, its the only thing that car probably hasnt done in its lifetime lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't know how you v6 boys are achieving 30mpg.

You certainly can't be driving the car like it was designed to be!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not except on occasion. Then again I didn't buy it to go brapping through town centres and Mcdonalds to Kfc laps.

Titanium 182
Nice looking R32, love the choice of wheels! Imo I'd lose the tints, I think as standard the R32 windows have a lovely bluey/purple hue to them.

Not read though the thread, but I assume the flapper mods been mentioned at least once... Every page?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Worth buying a v6 then.......

100%. Had I wanted to do the aforementioned tasks I would most definitely bought a Clio of some kind.

Then again I couldn't waft along the Mway at 50mph with the Bose and heated seats on while resting my left leg.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trophy racer....do it, its the only thing that car probably hasnt done in its lifetime lol

Probably wouldnt use the Trophy tbh, can build a much quicker saxo/106 for considerably less money !!!

I don't know how you v6 boys are achieving 30mpg.

You certainly can't be driving the car like it was designed to be!

By driving smoothly!! I certainly dont hang about, but the car is essentially used for a commute that is 95% motorway.

If you keep a constant speed, you do far better mpg than accelerating & braking all the time. Its one of those cars that could quite easily do fairly horrific mpg (it does in town in fact), but if you're sensible its not too bad - if you're happy with high twenties anyway :clown:

I assume the flapper mods been mentioned at least once... Every page?

Only a couple of times ;)

Will probably try it when i get back, although i do actually quite like the fact that it isnt loud all the time - just when i want it to be!! At the end of the day, if i want my ear drums blown out i can just take the Trophy for a drive ...

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think the problem with these big engine cars is that when sold new the owners were normally fairly well off and didn't need to worry about mpg. The cars then depreciate and come into the price range of less wealthy petrol heads who buy them but can't drive them how they'd like to for fear of draining half the tank in 80 miles. There is nothing worse then having a car where you have to think twice about putting your foot down for fear of it costing you too much in juice (I know, I've been there).

At least when I batted it between mcd's and KFC in my clio I always returned a steady 35 to the gallon.....

Edit: not having a go at the r32 by the way, I think thyre awesome motors.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
There is nothing worse then having a car where you have to think twice about putting your foot down for fear of it costing you too much in juice (I know, I've been there).

I know what you mean, but i cant say i think about it tbh, just use it, fill up, & repeat.

M3 swallowed £750 of VPower in January alone :eek:

Because idiot who should probably drive a diesel.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
High roller!

Nah, i just dont see the point in financing a £20k derv (like a 'normal' person in my position) then watching it lose hundreds of £££'s in value every month. Id rather spend the money saved in 'lack of depreciation' on fueling a big engined, older petrol car instead.

Makes sense to me using my 'man maths' anyway :race:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Fill up, drive, rinse repeat. It only costs £80 to fill the tank, does easily over 300 miles. I don't drive any differently than I normally would. I certainly don't let it affect my driving trying to achieve high Mpg!

If I was worried about Mpg I certainly wouldn't have bought a 3.2 V6!

Dave the exhaust can drone after flapper mod on long mway miles just to note. Only with the radio off will you hear it though. I drive a couple of times a month on the mway so I prefer it de-flappered! ;)