ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

:R32

Clio rs 200
Awesome sounding cars I used to have an 07 plate from new. Those zolder alloys are much less common than the newer style ones I'd keep them but there a bit of a sod to clean.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol at the pinky shifting comment. Quality. :)

Pinky shifting, letting the car double clutch like it should ...

Flapper mod is being done tomorrow. Think im going to just clamp the vacuum pipe though, saves having to remove anything then - and easier to reverse if i dont like it! Gally said its a little dronier (spelling?!) on the motorway, & i dont really want that tbh.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Gally talks pish.. Not 'droney' at all.

Pull the pipe off, stick a golf tee in it, double it over and cable tie it.

DONE.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Is it really that easy lol? Could i simply 'put the pipe back in' again if i did want to change it back?

Also, have you any experience of the WALK kit, H&R ARB's, or springs/dampers Gaz? I cannee be bothered read through 5 billion posts on the R32oc. Not that its working atm anyways.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's that easy mate, just pull it off and golf tee the fecker!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
2 minute job to do, 1 minute job to reverse. Lol.

Na, never looked into them mate.

Mk5 GT170 fully spec'd, when I get back from Jamaica.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I fitted some H&R springs on a MK5 R32 last week and it killed the Torque Senor in the steering rack... Its a full new rack to fix, just a little warning that it may happen.. Apparently a few people have had this problem..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I fitted some H&R springs on a MK5 R32 last week and it killed the Torque Senor in the steering rack... Its a full new rack to fix, just a little warning that it may happen.. Apparently a few people have had this problem..

H&R springs aren't strong enough for the 32, engine is too heavy, same problem they have with the V6 TT.

Eibachs made an individual set for the V6, HR used the ones off the 225.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Yeah, have read about them being a little fragile if you do any work on the front end of the car. Not just springs though, anything that involves using a hammer to bang things basically ... although there is a similar issue with the e46's! Only difference is that they are pennies to replace/reset on INPA - VW dont seem to sell a lot of sensors/parts seperately like BMW do though :(

My current plans/shopping list include: Flapper mod & Parrot Mki9200 (which i will do this weekend), then H&R coilovers (or perhaps the Koni dampers & Eibach/H&R spring combo), H&R front/rear adjustable ARBs, WALK kit, & finally a Hadlex Controller when funds allow. That should make it handle like its on rails really, with more rear bias from the transmission helping to remove the on-limit understeer trait, ie keep your foot in & the power comes more from the rear ...

RNS510 headunit would be a nice upgrade to the MFD2 nav at some point, but only when they drop in price a little. Barring the traffic monitoring (which is a lot better in the later unit - very useful for the commue up & down the M3) the change is really only for cosmetic reasons as i can get full iPod control though the Mki9200.

Just need to free up some money from other assets now i guess ...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why not go RCD510 if it's mainly for cosmetics? That's what I did in my VW. Basically the same unit, minus the satnav and extra cost.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I've already got nav with the MFD2 unit though, wouldnt want to lose that as i hate having a TomTom stuck on the windscreen (although i do keep it in the glovebox for those emergency, ancient VW satnav doesnt know where i am moments ...). I'd probably get £150 or so for my current unit though i suppose, so the upgrade cost wouldnt be that bad.

Would rather buy one from the chap on R32oc (Nick), as i know it'll work properly with no battery drain, but he tends to charge a good £100 more than on eBay, & i like a good bargain ;)

Porsche Boxster987S
DO NOT clamp the vacuum tube if you are doing the flapper mod. I done it with mine and eventually it caused a light on the dash bored. Also didn't sound as good. I done Gazs at a meet in less than a minute. Remove the tube , plug both the tube and the part it's come from to stop dirt getting in. Then fold and tie with cable tie.

You tied yours up YET Gary bhoy?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
H&R springs aren't strong enough for the 32, engine is too heavy, same problem they have with the V6 TT.

Eibachs made an individual set for the V6, HR used the ones off the 225.

Really? Never knew that.. Im just about to go and take them off as its going into VW for them to have a gander.. Will tell him about the H&R issue...

Yeah, have read about them being a little fragile if you do any work on the front end of the car. Not just springs though, anything that involves using a hammer to bang things basically ... although there is a similar issue with the e46's! Only difference is that they are pennies to replace/reset on INPA - VW dont seem to sell a lot of sensors/parts seperately like BMW do though :(

Yep I had a look into it and everything on them is fragile! If you could just get a sensor for it then it wouldnt be to bad but with VW they wont do things the simple way.. I think a new rack is in the £1000 region..

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You'll get rid of it - buy a 170 Golf. Get bored of it. Buy a nice spec phase 1 172 and we'll be back where we were 18 months ago :p

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Been spending waay too much time on the US forums as of late - mainly reading up on servicing guides, etc, but have decided that i need some lowz sharpish!! The Mk5 just looks soo much better without 3 inches of arch gap!!

Admitedly, Shadow Blue is pretty gorgeous anyway
love.gif

img0005fd.jpg

Porsche Boxster987S
golfmkv is pretty good as is vortex. Definitely get coilys ! A standard one parked next to me in the Carpark the other day and the difference is unreal. Mines a bit too low though !

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
The one I lowered on H&R springs (successfully this time!) is sitting nice now..

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
golfmkv is pretty good as is vortex. Definitely get coilys ! A standard one parked next to me in the Carpark the other day and the difference is unreal. Mines a bit too low though !

Yah, been on both of those most of the afternoon lol ... unfortunately, no one on the R32oc has Relfex Silver (let alone a moredoor) so its very difficult to judge how modifications might look. Golfmk5 has a massive 20+ page thread dedicated to the colour :cool: Need. BBS. Lowz.

87679091.jpg

91863469.jpg

84187224.jpg

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently looking for a Shadow Blue 5 door DSG with Leather. Could be a long search.

When you fancy selling it Dave, PM me :)

Turbos.
Would you be looking for one in that colour if it was just called what it is, Dull Blue? Rare for a reason...

Saw an R32 the other day with my R wheels and it looked really smart with a slight drop.

Never above 25mpg
Would you be looking for one in that colour if it was just called what it is, Dull Blue? Rare for a reason...

Saw an R32 the other day with my R wheels and it looked really smart with a slight drop.

Haha! The bodyshop owner who worked on my Monaco called it "Doom Blue"