ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R5 GTT V's Megane RS

visualize whirled pe
Appologies if this is a repost, I did a search.

Some crazy driving here not so much the skill but the nerves needed to keep so close to the car infront, the R5 is far from standard, I would imagine, but much repect goes to the meg, for a big car it just loves those corners. Those crazy frenchies.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MsbyDfApw1Y

Clio Williams
GTT cant be running too much power as the spol up on that turbo is nice and quick, probably a T2 or a T25/T2

Nice driving though

visualize whirled pe
GTT cant be running too much power as the spol up on that turbo is nice and quick, probably a T2 or a T25/T2

Nice driving though

The Megane seems very composed around the corners, it just grips. It is a good duel, the 5 is doing a fine job of keeping up, even if he's scrabbling around a bit when he gets his line wrong, though he's working that gear box well to make up for it.

I am considering selling my clio, even though I love it, and getting a little R5 this summer, if I can find a straight, standard one, failing that maybe even a valver as I missed out on old skool hatches for having no money, back in the day.

Clio Williams
ive had 2 GTT's now before i got the williams and great cars as long as you look after them. handle very well and easy to tune to near enough the 200bhp mark and still be reliable.

Id have one again as a second car

visualize whirled pe
I don't do a huge amount of milage in the clio, our Ka takes the brunt of that so I figure a R5 would be fine for me. I'd be looking to keep it near standard though, for some strange reason I like ohv engines, from owning ford crossflowd cortinas and morris minors over the years, even our Ka is ohv.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
The Megane has impressive form through the corners, really level - loving the proper old skool 'built for a purpose' boost guage in the 5 hehe :D

Dan