ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raceland Coilover Supplier ....

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Tom - Raceland advised us that would not be making any more at our point of re-order, <20 sets left in stock, this was around a week ago.

Raceland were more than happy to sell us all the remaining kits they had, however did not add that they were not making plans to re-stock.

Fuzzy - We took a punt on the kits as we had had no experience of this kit before ordering over 50 kits, we could have ended up with kits in stock of poor quality or worse, totally unmerchantable. Then where would we have been? No one would be saying poor K-Tec in that scenario. Sounds like sour grapes to me, I hope you manage to find some coilovers somewhere on the planet within the next 6 weeks.

The Duck - PMSL

To all - Goods sold by us, from which ever manufacturer, are covered by UK consumer law, because a product is no longer available or discontinued does not mean the warranty is useless. Those who have bought the Raceland coilovers have their warranty as we also said from the start. This may not apply to those purchased via Ebay.

Sean.

It's less sour grapes and more me saying what everyone else is muttering, but out loud

The sudden dissapearance of the kits online then Ktecs announcement of the price jump and exclusivity was a bit cloak and daggers

Now you've announced they're discountinued but that was never mentioned during the group buy or at any point over the last week - they've just dissapeared never to return. I find it VERY unlikely that you bought 50 sets of coilovers from a company without them ever mentioning at any point that they were end of line and not going to be produced anymore!

What we're left with is now the choice between either paying double for Ktec's own coilovers, when several reputable fitters have said there was no difference between them and the Raceland gear - or paying £800+ for other makes

I'm not sure if this really was a bit of insider trading to kill off a cheap competitor or more likely just really poor communication. Either way it's done nothing for clio owners looking for good suspension from a reputable firm

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Yeah I can sorta see that it aint worth bothering with - just start buying kit from somewhere else
I don't understand why you're still going on about it. They don't have any in stock, Raceland aren't making them anymore. You can either by a different brand or search for somewhere else that might sell them. No point dwelling on it, its only coilovers

Tangoed Works
Its true, when you see a bargain, do a quick bit of research and buy it. No point dithering otherwise youll miss the boat. Applies to pretty much all aspects of life.

TBH if I would have known about the 50 kits for sale in one go, I wouldnt have minded spunking £5k on the lot knowing that I could double my money. Business is business.

I wish they did the RS ones

Oh and to those saying "order quickly" it wouldn't really help when the website says "in stock" and they actually haven't been for 2 months LOL

I'll just stick to Kam Racing in the future :)

Mustang, S13, AX GT
It's less sour grapes and more me saying what everyone else is muttering, but out loud

The sudden dissapearance of the kits online then Ktecs announcement of the price jump and exclusivity was a bit cloak and daggers

Now you've announced they're discountinued but that was never mentioned during the group buy or at any point over the last week - they've just dissapeared never to return. I find it VERY unlikely that you bought 50 sets of coilovers from a company without them ever mentioning at any point that they were end of line and not going to be produced anymore!

What we're left with is now the choice between either paying double for Ktec's own coilovers, when several reputable fitters have said there was no difference between them and the Raceland gear - or paying £800+ for other makes

I'm not sure if this really was a bit of insider trading to kill off a cheap competitor or more likely just really poor communication. Either way it's done nothing for clio owners looking for good suspension from a reputable firm
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manu...ct=HighsportCoilovers&make=Renault&model=Clio

These were great coilovers on my old 1.2, reasonable price and they lowered it by quite a bit without being crashy or harsh. I'm currently saving the extra pennies to get them :)

6 weeks?

I've phoned KTEC 3-4 weeks ago, spoke to a young lady who said they had them in stock, 5 mins later I was in the van on my way to pick them up.

Should of been quicker ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I wish they did the RS ones

Oh and to those saying "order quickly" it wouldn't really help when the website says "in stock" and they actually haven't been for 2 months LOL

I'll just stick to Kam Racing in the future :)

This. Most people know what i think about ktec if you read old posts.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Guys,

Just to keep you updated regarding the Raceland stock situation. When we purchased the remaining stock of Raceland Coilovers, we did so knowing that they would not be putting more into production. The Clio B RS (1*2) is only a really big seller in the UK, even compared to France

Sean.

Tom - Raceland advised us that would not be making any more at our point of re-order, <20 sets left in stock, this was around a week ago.

Raceland were more than happy to sell us all the remaining kits they had, however did not add that they were not making plans to re-stock.

Sean.

You can see why i asked, but thanks for clearing that up.

Clio MK2
Ive just emailed the seller in the first link to see what size bolt spacing is if its 52mm or 58mm so fingers crossed its a 52mm for my non sport :)

Clio MK2
No email back as of yet mate :(, Most of the companys ive asked never answer back when i ask them what size bolt spacing it is :(

Megane RS 250
As I thought. I'll wait for the k-tec or to have some more money sto spend in some quality ones (I could get Bilstein from germani at around 750 euros).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As I thought. I'll wait for the k-tec or to have some more money sto spend in some quality ones (I could get Bilstein from germani at around 750 euros).
That doesn't seem a bad price for Blistien's.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
To all - Goods sold by us, from which ever manufacturer, are covered by UK consumer law, because a product is no longer available or discontinued does not mean the warranty is useless. Those who have bought the Raceland coilovers have their warranty as we also said from the start. This may not apply to those purchased via Ebay.

Sean.

Out of interest Sean, how exactly would you intend to replace a damaged/malfunctioning unit under your warranty terms if these units are no longer being manufactured? :S

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Probably replace one with one form theirownbrandwhicharenotracelandcoiloversbutlookthesame ;)

Ph 1 172

Fuzzy - We took a punt on the kits as we had had no experience of this kit before ordering over 50 kits, we could have ended up with kits in stock of poor quality or worse, totally unmerchantable. Then where would we have been? No one would be saying poor K-Tec in that scenario. Sounds like sour grapes to me, I hope you manage to find some coilovers somewhere on the planet within the next 6 weeks.

The Duck - PMSL

Sean.

Just to put my 2pence in i bought a set of these off you
a because you are are trusted seller (ive used ktec many times and will continue to do so) And
B becuase they had a warranty, but if something on these breaks under warranty and they have stopped producing them what happens then? a refund or what?

p.s its a good product and was sold for a good price both onn ebay and through yourselves.

Renault Clio 1.6 RXE
Just checked with the ebay seller and they are still selling the clio mk2 with 58mm bolt spacing for the racelands,

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
K-tec have said they wont be in stock ever again.

Lol if there's any truth in that. Apparently the Clio B 'RS' Raceland kits specifically for the 172/non cupped 182 are still available.

ktec must just be waiting for them to arrive.

Pity there's no other UK suppliers for the Clio Raceland gear. :)