ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 197, Blue 172, 172 Cup - Wheatley, Oxford

Ibis A3 BE
Up at Wheatley today for Uni (christ I'll be glad when it's over) and spotted all the above. 172 Cup parked outside the campus though. 197 was stickered up a bit.

Also witnessed a Continental Flying Spur driving into the parking area too - crazy stuff!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I do study at Brookes. Did you see me in the morning or in the afternoon?

Ibis A3 BE
In the afternoon, parked up near the playing fields.

Dya know any of the other guys with the 172's at all?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I see the Cup LY53 parked outside all the time and it used to be near Gipsy lane campus. Only seen him driving but don't know him. Has a CS sticker aswell I think.

Ibis A3 BE
Oh right, didn't know it had a CS sticker. Will have to take a better look next time.

What are you studying anyway?

I'm doing Business and Management, in my final year and lookin' forward to getting away from all the crappy Uni work. It's doing my head in now.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Automotive engineering and so only just moved from Gipsy lane to wheatly.

I'm think it has a cs sticker. It's either this one or the other that did.

Ibis A3 BE
Cool cool - I was reading that Fernando Alonso asked his management company to send a few Spanish students to Brookes to take automative engineering or something so they could get a good footing - so must be a good course.

Wheatley does suck a bit compared to Gipsy hey? Only place I've studied since my first year.

Anyway - cool car, maybe see you around again sometime.

Rich

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Gipsy lane does seem better. At least its closer to the centre and everything else.

Come by and say hi if you see me next time.

Ibis A3 BE
Haha, ok if I see you guys around next to your cars I'll def come over and say hi. But I'll tell you now, I am not gonna loiter around random clios waiting to see if the owner appears anytime soon!

I haven't got my car here, so I just tend to look longingly at any renaultsport clios I see. Hence one of the reasons I am now ready for Uni to end!

Vicki - was it your 172 I saw or not? And what do you study?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Do you finish at 5 on tues then? I was only parked there for a little while as couldn't find the seminar.

Maybe you'll see me going through headington aswell on my way home.

Ibis A3 BE
Okey dokey - well hi Vicki and I'll look out for it, but don't think I've seen it around yet.

Ado - Usually I am away by 3 or 4 on Tuesdays but was doing some work so came out a bit later and saw your car parked up there. I do live in Headington though - new flats down Stephen Road, betwee Lloyds and Nat West Banks - where abouts do you live?

Do you guys regularly see the dark blue 172 that parks in the Staff parking near the EL building? I am guessing it MUST be a staff members to be in there, and see it there a lot.

172 Bike: Honda VFR400
yeah i've seen that one, it must belong to a member of staff as it's there all the time, and i know students don't spend that much time in lectures and seminars!

i'm not in uni the first half of the wee; also i've only just bought the car, that may have something to do with it.

Ibis A3 BE
i'm not in uni the first half of the wee; also i've only just bought the car, that may have something to do with it.

Haha, yeah that might have something to do with it!

I'm up at Wheatley for Lect/Sem on Tuesday am/pm, Weds am, Thurs pm.

What other cars were you looking at buying? Did you always focus on the 172's as a car you wanted or was it just something that came up?

53' 172 Cup
the 172 Cup with LY53 plate is mine, im up at wheatley a few times a week, and dont have a permit so have to park at the bottom of the hill.(can sympathise with moans about engineering block moving from gipsy lane - i live off cowley road so its a real pain in the arse)...

Leedsandeastangliameet06013.jpg

Ibis A3 BE
Good stuff - another joins the group of Brookes Renaultsport owners! Welcome ed!

I've got to admit your Cup always looks great everytime I've seen it! Thanks for replying.

And did anyone else see the Flying Spur on Tuesday? Was the most random car to see driving into the Parking area, and I'm just hoping it wasn't a student! I know some students are rich, but that is really taking the piss!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I live in valencia road just behind Gipsy lane. Great last semester when engineering was in Gipsy lane.

I seen that blue 172 leaving wheatly couple of times. Think its staff.

ED: What course are you on? Are you part of engineering as you were always parked close to Gipsy lane last semester? I think I seen you last week near wheatly, don't think you seen me as I was driving a Modus.

53' 172 Cup
Cheers mate, i try and keep it lookin tidy but where i live i have to park on the side of the road and have just found a dent in the rear 3 quarter panel (looks like sum mug has bashed it with their bike or something!).
Im doing motorsport tech. so was at gypo lane all last year...really pissed off about the move to wheatly,but wot can you do!!

Ibis A3 BE
That's a bit shitty mate - sorry to hear that. Is one of the reasons I don't have my car up here though - Oxford hates cars! Pedestrians, Cyclists and Buses rule this place and it sucks! Although I don't know how more cyclists don't get killed around here - the buses don't seem to care about anybody else.

Plus I haven't got parking for my flat here, so unless I paid stupid amounts to rent a space somewhere I can't do it anyway.

53' 172 Cup
yeh oxford definately isnt car friendly! iv been toying wiv the idea of taking my motor back home and leaving it there but just love driving it way too much (plus im not a huge fan of gettin a bus at half 7 in the morning!)

you got any pics of your car on here rich?

53' 172 Cup
I live in valencia road just behind Gipsy lane. Great last semester when engineering was in Gipsy lane.

I seen that blue 172 leaving wheatly couple of times. Think its staff.

ED: What course are you on? Are you part of engineering as you were always parked close to Gipsy lane last semester? I think I seen you last week near wheatly, don't think you seen me as I was driving a Modus.

yeh i do motorsport tech mate. dont think i seen you ..wot colour is your car? what have you had done to it?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It's racing blue. Only has a YS full system on at the moment.

Not thought of getting a parking permit then?

Ibis A3 BE
yeh oxford definately isnt car friendly! iv been toying wiv the idea of taking my motor back home and leaving it there but just love driving it way too much (plus im not a huge fan of gettin a bus at half 7 in the morning!)

you got any pics of your car on here rich?

Nah I haven't on here but I have on my facebook account. Are you on facebook at all? If so then search me - Rich Burn and add me if you don't mind?

Ibis A3 BE
Cheers! Have sent you a message (anything to waste more time in which I should be working...).

Ado, Vicki - you on Facebook?

You guys could have a Brookes meet, and I could just stand around and watch you drive around a car park or something??!... lol

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I'm not on facebook.

Brookes meet. Interesting. How about coming down to the shire horse meet on the 13th? There is also one at towcester on this sun. Lots of 197's attending.

Ibis A3 BE
i'm on face book, i'll add you.

i hope i'm adding the right rich burn.... :)

Yeah you did! I don't think there is another one of me at Brookes but not 100% sure on that.

Uni work is crazy crazy for me at the mo, but I am still going to take time out to watch the United game today... sad but true. You guys got a busy weekend work wise? Or can you take it easy?

:)