ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio doesn't come on/go off with ignition

Hi, I was told my Trophy has had an aftermarket headunit in and now been returned to standard, but now when I turn the ignition on, I have to turn the radio on and off manually.

Has anyone got any idea how I can return it to normal? It also turns itself off after being on for a while.

Cheers.

Its just a blown fuse, your cigarette lighter won't work either. The fuses are located on the passenger side, open the door and look at the dash.

Nice one, I'll have a look tomorrow! I did notice that the cigarette lighter's surrounding light flickered a bit, then went off completely. Cheers :)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Itll be the wiring been swapped around...some ISO connectors require the 'red' and the 'yellow' wires swapped around (red is permanent live, yellow is ignition live feed). It may be the case here and they've not been returned back to how they were

Just take each wire out and swap them round :)

Turned out to be a fuse. Thanks for that! My Parrot kit magically came on with it too haha.

The light around my cigarette lighter doesn't work though, any ideas?

Possible a loose wire on the connector behind it? You'll have to remove the cowling around the base of the centre console to do this. Just a few torx screws from recollection, just be careful as there is 2 inside under the gear stick gator which took me a while to figure out :p

Nick