ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radio>???

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right so you know when you first start your car the Radio comes on?

Well ive got to switch mine on manually and its pissing me off, why has it stopped doing the usual thing?

Battery disconnection in line?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Not yet anyway. I think i turned it off at somepoint and now it has to be switched on manually.

Also when the engine is turned off the radio stays on, total pain in the arse!

mk1 clio hybrid
if its really annoying you go in to a renault garage and tell them whats happening and that it never used to do it and they will more than likely get one of the mechanics to change the setting for you for free

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is it a standard radio? Sounds like the constant power and ignition power is wrong way round, but if you've not changed anything i'm stumped.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is it a standard radio? Sounds like the constant power and ignition power is wrong way round, but if you've not changed anything i'm stumped.

Its not like a fault has just devloped, sum time last week i turned it off mid journey and now it doesnt wanna play ball.

Think ill just dis-connect the battery tbh.

Its the small things that do my f**king tits in with these cars :mad:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah mate, unlike last week when i turned the engine off the radio went off with it?

I reckon its somthing ive done as nothing else seems to have been affected!

53 Clio's & counting
that proper weird as i cant think what you can do on the std stereo to cause it to do that, im proper stumped!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Disconnection of the battery it be then lol

Im sure i done it with my old Clio a few years ago but cant think for the life of me what i done to fix it!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I think ill be having a wee look-see through the old paper work to make sure i have the radio code, thats a mistake i wont be making twice lol

Megane dci 130
Iv had this exact fault before and turned out to be a fuse. Doesnt have to be relating to the radio as such.

For the 10 minuits it will take you, its worth a check.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Mmm, it must be a fuse then. I disconected the battery left it for 10 mins, re-punched in the radio code and its still doing the same thing, Total pain in the arse this

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
As far as i know my radio only comes on at engine start if it was on when i turned the car off??...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right so i have established it is a fuse as some of you helpfull chappys suggested.

Now, which fuse is it i have to replace? I had a quick look last night and canot see for the life of me which one it is.

Help!

53 Clio's & counting
not off the top of my head matey, have you checked any fuses yet? im sure its easy to find, i will have a look at mine later for you and see if i can find out which one

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
did this get sorted out???

i put my mobile in the ash tray last night and the stereo went off. now im in the same situation, the cig lighter doesnt work either.