ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rainsport 2's on 15" rims

Inferno 182
Got myself some 15" Superleggeras, the lightest wheel to fit as far as I know.
I'm trying to decide which tyres to get now.
I have pretty much decided upon the Uniroyal Rainsport 2's.
Question is, what size?
Either a 205/50 or a 195/50
I've just read on another Forum that the 195 Rainsport is wide for the size - anyone know if this can be true?

Stripped yozza'd cup
195 or 205 will be fine.

And superleggeras aren't the lightest wheels, alleggerita's (sp?) are, but they're pretty damn light.

Inferno 182
195 is the width, its 195mm across the widest part of the tyre.

Yep, I know all about tyre sizing, which is why I questioned how a 195 width in 1 brand could be different to another.
Just asking on here to see if anyone had Rainsports in a 195 to confirm if there were any probs really.
I don't want to lessen the grip in the dry

Inferno 182
195 or 205 will be fine.

And superleggeras aren't the lightest wheels, alleggerita's (sp?) are, but they're pretty damn light.

Umm, no, the smallest Alleggerita is a 16" rim and weighs 6.02 kgs. The 15" Supeleggera weighs 5.1 kgs, although that size will need a heavier tyre.
The Alleggerita looks lovely but too many £££ for me

Inferno 182
its the "50" that will be different between the 195 and 205 sizes,

Yes, I get that too, as it is a %age of the width.
Just wondering if someone who has some Rainsports fitted can confirm their experience with the tyre in the real world.
Thanks though

Stripped yozza'd cup
Umm, no, the smallest Alleggerita is a 16" rim and weighs 6.02 kgs. The 15" Supeleggera weighs 5.1 kgs, although that size will need a heavier tyre.
The Alleggerita looks lovely but too many £££ for me

Where did you get those weights from? A friend of mine has 17'' allegeritas and they only way 6.3kg....The 16'' must be a lot lighter than a 16'' SL. But regardless, they don't make 15's as you say.

Inferno 182
Where did you get those weights from? A friend of mine has 17'' allegeritas and they only way 6.3kg....The 16'' must be a lot lighter than a 16'' SL. But regardless, they don't make 15's as you say.

Ermmm, well I got the Alleggerita weight from the Oz website -
http://www.ozracing.com/car_wheels_var/OZ Racing/25182/I - TECH/ALLEGGERITA HLT/25619.aspx#
I presume that is pretty accurate :rolleyes:

....and as for my wheels, I weighed 1 myself, with my digital bathroom scales :rasp: ;)

07 Campus Sport 1.2
ive got Rainsport 2's on at the minute 195/50's, really do perform in the wet and pretty decent in the dry. Ive found the wear right ok, ive probably done around 1k on them since i got them and theres barely a sign of any wear, and i have slid on them a couple of times due to a couple of near missed turnings on country roads

172 cup- suzu rf600r
iv had rainsport 2's for years, best tyre iv ever had tbh phenonemal wet grip and dry is pretty sticky too, not the longest lasting tyre but not that expensive to replace either.

im on 195/50/15's which seem right to me