ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally front Spring rates- 172

Hi,

Running a 172 for road rallying, so ride height is up.
Looking to swap the 6" and helper spring out for a 10".
Just looking for advised spring rates. Currently running 335lbs (KTec)
I've been advised 190lbs.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Cancel the above - i now have a full set of KTR coilovers for sale - done 3 miles! And a set of bilsteins on the way.

Clio 172 (CUP)
I thought ASTs were the coilover to have, although admittedly way more expensive?

172 Cup
I have tried a few different springs on my road rally clio. I personally find 250lbs fronts spot on, they were a massive improvement over the 350lbs I had beforehand.

172 Cup
Then again it also depends on the type of events you will be doing. Where you from?

Lampeter, wales. Mainly night events, may do the odd tarmac stage. Need decent clearance for whites. Pretty much gravel spec.

172 Cup
I don't usually venture that far down, although the cilwendeg is certainly one I want to do. Good luck with your build, its taken me a few years of trial and error to get my clio competitive on the lanes.
Although no matter how quick your times are getting to the finish is still the main objective which recently I've been struggling with.
If you want any info on anything drop us a pm.