ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rallycross Super 1600 Clio

Hello all

Currently building a Rallycross Renualt Clio Mk 2 Phase 2. This is for the European Division 1A Class, based on the Rally Super 1600 Class. Until now I have raced a Peugeot 205 GTi in the Stockhatch Class in the British Rallycross Championship as well as taking it into Belgium and Holland a couple of times last year, and we are now hiring this car out with others as 'arrive and drive' packages in Rallycross. (anyone interested? - contact me!)

I am building this car from scratch, on a budget. The key to these cars is suspension set-up and weight. The gearbox and engine also play a key part but obviously due to funds these won't be as potent to start with as they will be eventually. We will eventually be running a sequencial flat shift gearbox - in time. (I am a student at uni). The car will allmost certainly be running DTA engine management, using the basis of a Renualt K4M (1.6 16v) Block. Still havn't decided what to do about a radiator, but probably a custom made ally one, and a full rally jetex exhaust.

Because of the wide arches, we have to extend and alter everything suspension-wise. We are building a full specially fabircated rear beam, using rose jointed 8-link suspension. We will be using 205 1900 Gti rear hubs and discs. The suspenson will be coilovers.

For the front we are using a re-enforced clio subframe, Peugeot 306 GTi6 hubs and calipers, using groved and vented discs. The strut tops will be moved, and using Peugot Sport uprights, and custom made wider bottom arms. Obviously this also mean making custom driveshafts, not only to make them longer but to change from Renault splines at the diff end to Peugeot splines at the hub end.

The pannels are from Renualt Sport, made for the ex-works Super 1600 Rallycars. I have altered the dash and this is currently away being flocked.

The plan for this year is to get it finished and do some shakedown events in the UK before racing in the final round of the European Rallycross Championship in Germany in September. In 2009 we will do selected European Championship events in France, Belgium, Holland, Austria, Hungry, CZ, Germany, Poland. Would love to do Norway, Portugal and Sweeden etc but they are a long way to go.

We are desperate for sponsorship, if you think you could help in any way then look though the information on my website or get in touch.

My website is www.halridge.com although there is nothing about the Clio on there yet as it will only be released to the Rallycross world on Monday in a Press Release, and probably will be in Motorsport News and Autosport in the next couple of weeks.

Will keep you updated with progress.

(I will put pics on when I have worked out the complexities of image hoasting!)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/[url...k.us/img248/1039/lowresclio3hq5.th.jpg][/url]

Last edited:
  Clio 220 lpg
Sounds good I like to see people building cars to take part in motorsport instead of wasting there skills and just doing track days. there's a firm on ebay that I have bought bits and pieces of that do clio s1600 body kits, I think they also run a clio rally cross car as well I think. here is the web site