ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Razc09's DCI project

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi fellow cs's

I have been on cliosport.net for almost a year now so i think its about time i started a project.
here you can see my 2003 Renault Clio Dynamique DCI 65

A few goodies included
> 6 cd multi changer
> electric sunroof- never seen one on a clio before???
>auto climate control
> lowering springs from previous owner.

bought this cheap as chips for £1000 which is a fair deal, with 80k miles on the clock.
full service history and receipts from all things bought and done for it.

> new timing belt/water pump and all the other major service part done by my uncle who's worked for Renault for the last 10 years.
>recently had a new inter-cooler as old one had a nice hole in the bottom.

got plenty of idea's in mind for the car, but atm the key aspect that needs sorting, is its poor bodywork.
re-spray on the books to come and maybe another dci rep inspired by ' west Renaults ' beauty :approve:

nothing to look at..... ' awaits the comment of WTF have you bought ' here it is.

phone tags 308.jpgphone tags 311.jpgphone tags 313.jpgphone tags 314.jpgphone tags 316.jpgphone tags 319.jpgphone tags 322.jpgphone tags 324.jpg
p.s it does have alloys, they're off atm having a refurbishment .
ryan :)

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Nice project!

What intercooler is on the car? just the 65's never came with a intercooler fitted.
Electric Sunroof's where an optional extra. Where not available on Renault Sport models or Expression's IIRC.

Be good to see this project grow! :D

172 Cup
Lol, will look forward to seeing it as 172 rep, Ithink im going down that route with mine too just need the skirts wings and front bumper.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Nice project!

What intercooler is on the car? just the 65's never came with a intercooler fitted.
Electric Sunroof's where an optional extra. Where not available on Renault Sport models or Expression's IIRC.

Be good to see this project grow! :D

cheers pal. erm i havent a clue to be honest. when i removed the front end, their was the usual rad and fan, then another rad like thing behind it with charge pipes attached. my guess is now that it could be 80hp dci not a 65. sunroof im not to bothered about but is a cool extra tbh! just hope this dont leak or rattle like the manuals do!!

but all in all im looking towards buildin a rep out of this or a rep alike :cool:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Lol, will look forward to seeing it as 172 rep, Ithink im going down that route with mine too just need the skirts wings and front bumper.

me to my freind. parts are abit hard to get hold of for a decent price but i will try my best to make the most of the dci in the years to come :approve:. looking forward to a challenge in building this to a rep state but for now, BODY WORK has all my attention.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Must be a 80bhp unless someone in the past added a intercooler, its not a 100 as i can tell by looking at your gear knob.

Looks like a dynamique, should have 15" alloys, also the spolier looks wrong.

Faking love clio dcis

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Registration number
DU03DHN

Car make
RENAULT

Car model
CLIO

Year of manufacture

Fuel
Diesel

Transmission
Manual

Car type
DYNAMIQUE DCI (80)

Last edited:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
their's no receipts to say someone added the intercooler or had a remap for one so its a 80 then :approve:. whats the difference in gear knobs between the three specs then?.

it is a dynamique indeed, the model plate inside the glove box cover say so :cool: and my 15" are currently off at the wheel referbs getting a nice dark purple coat :approve:.

spoiler isn't the dynamique im afraid, its a standard versions of the lower spec as mine was glued to some chav spoiler :mad:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
Personally not keen on rep's but each to their own.

How much tax do you pay?
Just 80's are £20 a year and 65 are £30, just to help you figure out if it's a 80. :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
How is the 80 less to tax than the 65? :/

Either way. This car should be great when you have it finished... I've got a/c and electric sunroof in mine :rasp: climate is a good option though, very rare on non sports

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
How is the 80 less to tax than the 65? :/

dCi 80bhp only produce 110g/km, where as the 65bhp produces 115g/km & the 100bhp models produce 113g/km.
So therefore the 80's just get in the bracket of cheaper tax.

Shame on you, trying to downgrade your dCi 80 :banghead: haha

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
think il keep an eye on this one, love seeing a wreck to riches style builds haha (not saying your cars s**t just mean u say the body works fucked

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
lol it will be fine dont think thr car will notice i said ot was a 65 ;). learn somethin new each day :). £20 tax band is cheaper than my mums 1.3 ecoflex corsa!. elecy sunrppf and auto climate dont bother me but as thier thier i will use them with joy :). haha same, i do admit i thought what a sh** box iv bought but now tp think of it, its the perfect buliding block for my age :). lots of fun to be had on this and hoefully woll last me for the forsee able future.

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
well good luck mate once you start em its a long road till you get it how you want it, and by the time you get there you start remodeling it prety much straight away haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha thanks mate. parts are arriving slowly so hopefull should have the car in primer before xmas :) thinking of a possible proper RR remap. do dci's respond well to remaps??

haha thanks mate. parts are arriving slowly so hopefull should have the car in primer before xmas :) thinking of a possible proper RR remap. do dci's respond well to remaps??

ive seen gain of about 15bhp to 25bhp so for yours your looking at 100bhp but ive not had it done myself so cant really comment

looks a good project you have on your hands

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ive seen gain of about 15bhp to 25bhp so for yours your looking at 100bhp but ive not had it done myself so cant really comment

looks a good project you have on your hands

100 hp would be what i would try to acheive weither my engine wants to or not is another case.
thanks mate, this shall keep my bussy for a while. not in any rush to complete this.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
*** up date **** now got the rs front bumper and skirts
rs grill purchased waiting upon final completion and delivery
cup spoiler waiting upon delivery.

all i need is a 172 ph2 rear bumper now :D

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
no problems making a rep. personally id get the bigger brakes on and braided lines. made a big difference on my van

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i know tel me about it, i want the dci finished by atleast end of jan start of feb but by the looks of it, im cutting it close on the time scale.

what are you hope'n to achieve with your van?

ryan

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
rs front.jpgrs left.jpgrs right.jpg
small update, radiator/ac rad/turbo inter cooler re fitted. wings re fitted so that modification of the rs bumper can commence. small cracks sorted and washer jet holes filled.

gone down a totally different root for fitting the rs bumper to standard wings but will take some tinkering to make them it perfect.

ryan

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Erm, couple of days work? Couldve done it in a day but I had other things to do. The only problem I had was finding a body shop to spray it! Nowhere wanted to touch it :( got it done in the end though :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ah i see, im struggling to bloody keep the bumper centered on my own, took me almost 2 hours to do one side as i don't want to make a complete mess of it. i haven't a problem with it being sprayed as you can see, the whole car has to be re painted. managed to get my freinds dad to spray it all u.

glad to see yours looks stunning :approve:. cant wait till i have my shed finished :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Erm, I taped up the wings, fitted the bumper, then went to town on it with fibreglass and filler lol... Then I took it off and sanded it down. One side doesn't fit properly because I had to reinforce it without it being on the car. That needs seeing to :)

How are you doing it?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Erm, I taped up the wings, fitted the bumper, then went to town on it with fibreglass and filler lol... Then I took it off and sanded it down. One side doesn't fit properly because I had to reinforce it without it being on the car. That needs seeing to :)

How are you doing it?

all iv done tbh is fit the bumper up to the front so the contour line matches the headlight arc.
then took a dremel cutter to the flick out bit on the bumper edge to roughly match the wings angles match up.

going to have to put a piece of metal in both sides to get so structure and then plaster the corners with fiberglass and the spend hours refining the shape. ( I knw it won't exactly match up as its rs bumper - standard wings.)

will look good when finished :)

does yours still unbolt?

i got a little paranoid that i could'nt remove the bumper if i had to so iv put about six bolts in each wing ( re-enforced with a metal bracket ) to attach the bumper :approve: