ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182

500 Twinair
I have owned the 182 for nearly five years. I bought it from Renault Sevenoaks when it was 6 months old with 4k on the clock.
It is a Racing Blue 182 with stripes and both cup packs.
I absolutely love it and cant bring myself to sell it.

010-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

I kept it standard for a year or so. Then I got it serviced at GDI and decided to get there brake package, Brembo Max Disc, Ferodo DS2500 and Brake Lines. They were much better than the standard setup and have ran the same setup since. But am going to try the HC disc next time to see the difference.

I then bought these, One of the best mods I done.

393.jpg

399-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

I then had problems with my standard exhaust, it decided to fall apart at 20k. So I decided to by a yozza exhaust. What a great exhaust and made really well.

Next up I purchased a set of these after all the hype.
Ended up selling these 6 months later due to the wrong offset and wanting to lower the car on coilovers.

IMG_0022.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

I have been on the lookout for Coilovers for a long time, so was very chuffed when these turned up from Ktec. They were the last ones in stock and got them at a great price.

057-2.jpg

While I was at it I sold the Turini's and got the 182 alloys refurbed in gloss black.

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

I then took the car to JMS to get the coilovers fitted.

I also bought a silenced decat, after discovering my standard cat has split.

048-2.jpg

While going down the theme of black, I got the bullets, and renault dimonds done in CF.
This is how the car sits atthe moment.

065-2.jpg

064-2.jpg

066-2.jpg

Am Happy with it, things left to do:

Service and cambelt change at JMS
New HC disc and ferodo pads
JMS induction setup
Fit the silenced decat
Fit the Splitter
New PE2 tyres
H&R camber bolts
Possible look at a R26 engine.

Any comments welcome.
Setup on the suspension

Civic Type S GT
Love RB's! (love arctic more though!):rasp: Great car that mate, you've done same stuff I want to do, just bloody costly though!

Where did you get the recaros from pal and how much if you don't mind me asking?

500 Twinair
Got them from Gaz-kev on here a few yrs back, paid £750. Def worth it. They still go for the same money ish.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice, prefered the Turinis though.

Think the plate helps finish it off no end.

Audi TT 3.2
looks good, thing with black wheels you always need to keep some tyre shine handy!

i have a RB with CF bullets too

200 Gordini
Love it. RB with black wheels is always a winner.

I do prefer Turinis but you had to sell, which is a shame.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thought I'd really like the black alloys, but I actually think the standard anthracite or Turini's look better, now. I'm in and out of moods a lot. I think the white stripes clash too much with the black theme on blue.

Love the seats and how it sits, though. Neat :cool:

BG 182cup
Nice Mate I've got a Megane 225 and Apparently the megane box is too big for the clio so you use the 182 box, was thinking of doing the same with my 172, just a tip!

..They were supposed to have one or two owned by staff at Dieppe with the meg engine in too!!

500 Twinair
Just an update, pics to follow, had a service at JMS which included cambelt and aux belts change, new splitter fitted and hc disc, 182 ferodo pads and new fluid.
Car runs much better now, was overdue for a service.
The guys at Jms are really very good, and even though I made alot for the service, it was good value for money compared to a renault dealer.

I also bought a set of Michelin Exalto Pe2 tyres from Elite in Essex, fitted and balanced at £103 a tyre, which was the cheapest I could find.

500 Twinair
Just a quick update to the project, will get some pics up soon.

Service and cambelt change at JMS-DONE
New HC disc and 182 ferodo pads-DONE
JMS induction setup-BOOKED IN TO BE FITTED
Fit the silenced decat-DONE
Fit the Splitter-DONE
New PE2 tyres-DONE
Ebiach camber bolts-DONE
KTR Top munts-BOOKED IN TO BE FITTED
JMS Remap with Pops and Bangs-BOOKED IN TO BE FITTED
Possible look at a R26 engine-FUTURE PROJECT
LSD-FUTURE PROJECT

Last edited:
  500 Twinair
So last week I got the ktr topmounts fitted, along with the remap with pops and bangs.
Still need to get photo's but the remap is good, has freed the engine up alittle and has sorted out the lumpy issues and flatspots.
The topmounts have improved the turn in, just need to get the car set up again.
Next on the list is the jms induction kit, another RR in jan, a 197 steering wheel...