ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re insured for the week - pre track day & Mot (Teesside)

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
I am attending the track day at Teesside Go cart track tomorrow, hope fully there will be some other CS members coming along would be nice to meet some other Clio lovers.
I have a daily now, Audi A6 Avant and its awesome as i can throw the dogs in, bikes and cannons on the roof so its perfect along with being quite and smooth unlike the clio. The picture almost shows that they are completely different cars.
DSC_0266_zpsqcntun48.jpg

Me and Kork have spent some time on her as i thought the power steering pump has died, however after replacing that supplied by James Wilson that did not cure the problem.
So we the thought it could be an Air leak on the inlet manifold as the bodies are not actually for clio sport but have been machined to fit, only 1 hole does'nt line up. So i purchase some PFTE gaskets (from ebay much cheaper than Ktec) and Boomf sorted, I went and had my tea and came back to a smooth running clio as Kork had managed the balance the ITB's perfectly as i managed to get hold of my syncrometer.
Also got the girlfriend involved in hammeriting the rear arches pre winter and all that jazz.
IMG_261747765914106_zpsibdcsqwe.jpg

IMG_20141023_192513_zpsjcuxqzeo.jpg

FB_IMG_1413026151346_zpsfb23llku.jpg

Took for a naughty b road blast around my house and realised how amazing the clio really is in the twisty turnies but also in throttle response and chuckablity.
I had her booked in the following day to get mot'd and she passed :)
IMG_20141018_133826_zpsuduyoz5r.jpg

Gave her the once over and checked all fluids, tyres and brakes and she is all good.
I am quite excited for tomorrow as its the first track day i have ever done.
All knowledge really appreciated if anyone would like to give any.
Here are a couple of shots from today.
IMG_20141101_123851_zpsbnzk9j1l.jpg

IMG_20141102_170154_zpsggh5yx5i.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsuuz0ebpz.jpg

DSC_0300_zpstttkckhc.jpg

IMG_20141101_170438_zps2zdkw7rm.jpg

Hope you all had a good Halloween, I did.
IMG_20141101_195952_zps07i5hada.jpg

172, Tiguan
Ah! Thats where my old itb's ended up. Glad someone actually got them working properly in the end.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
impressive, your mrs is clearly a good shapeshifter! first a human, then a dog (clearly on the same day as same top), then a cat!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Ah! Thats where my old itb's ended up. Glad someone actually got them working properly in the end.

They are awesome John, fell out of love with them when problems started arrising but now they are correctly balanced they are awesome.

impressive, your mrs is clearly a good shapeshifter! first a human, then a dog (clearly on the same day as same top), then a cat!
I didnt actually look at the photos properly but the dog was cold one night so the girlfriend decided to dress him in that top and ever since he always wears it when i am working on the car.

The track day was awesome however T1'rs are garbage.
I am also thinking of getting a diff as that coupled with the itbs would make an awesome weapon.
She comes off the road at the end of November so thats when the magic will happen.
The list is getting longer and longer.

Superb :)
out of interest how many times a year do you temp insure it? I was doing it at £35 a pop for 7 days on top of my Evo policy, then Greenlight gave me a quote so good it made the temp thing seem pointless!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
It was £22 for a week, but that's because i could not get a multi car policy untill i was 25.
However i am now an adult woho, how much was it through Greenlight??

It was £22 for a week, but that's because i could not get a multi car policy untill i was 25.
However i am now an adult woho, how much was it through Greenlight??

well I'm older than you, but as long as I could prove I had 9 years ncb on another car, which may be your issue, it was £239 fully comp, cage, seats, harnesses etc no extra cost :smile: Makes a huge difference being able to take it for alignment, mot, tyres etc without phoning for cover

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Sounds very good Mark hopefully when i get a bit more wiser in age my insurance will be dirt cheap as well.

Decided that over the winter period the clio is getting a good going over as her age has started to show on track as well as day to day driving her whilst the AUDI is in the body shop. Currently this is the shopping list.

-Epas conversion
-New tie rods and track rod ends
-Arb bushes (inner & outer)
-CV boots
-New hand brake cables
-New rear calipers = Discs and pads
-New Tyres
-Oil Cooler
-New custom Alloy radiator
-PMS top mounts and brace
-PMS gear linkage kit