ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brake disc conversion!

Clio 1.4 16v
i have a 1.4 dynamique 54 plate and want to convert the rear drums to discs is it possible and how much would it be?... also is k-tecs reputation for services any good and im approaching the 36,000 mile mark.... cheers

ValverInBits
Re: rear brake disc convertion!

yeah Ktec are good for services in my experience. Although the custom decats are a bit below par.

your best bet is to pull the entire rear beam setup from a donor car. a 1.6 16v (maybe) or a sport (definitely) Could be cheap if you do it yourself. Will involve bleeding brakes.

When I say "cheap", I've never personally been in the market for a rear beam so im not sure what the going rate is.

www.renparts.co.uk

the abs situation is a grey area, the abs rings on some of the Non rs's are different to others, think they changed them later. Giles tried doing it on his rsi and could never get them working with the abs correctly.
Sold the stub axles, discs and calipers with everything fitted on them to a lad the other day with an early ph1 (no abs) and theyre working a treat.

Clio 1.4 16v

ok cheers mate.. im goin down the scrappy tommorow theres a new clio sport in so ill have a gander... it might be relatively cheap as ill sell the standard one after!

320d

There are little benifits of the rear disk converison tbh mate. Just get the big brake kit off ktecs website, the fronts do most of the braking anyway.

Foxy had the ktec big brake kit with standard rear drums, i'm sure that was a better setup than just standard rear disks.

ValverInBits

There are little benifits of the rear disk converison tbh mate. Just get the big brake kit off ktecs website, the fronts do most of the braking anyway.

Foxy had the ktec big brake kit with standard rear drums, i'm sure that was a better setup than just standard rear disks.

tbh mate, i think it's cosmetic. Drums look pap