ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Calipers

PB172
Just had my MOT and it's failed on the rear brake caliper. Apparently the caliper is broken and leaking fluid everywhere. Was just wondering what sort of price I would be looking at for a new caliper?

The garage it's at won't fit a second hand part if I have it sourced due to one of their rules so I don;t want to get my trousers pulled down...

I've had a look on the forum and they don't seem to come up expensive second hand, but am I just looking at having that brake again?

Any help would be appreciated!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Take the car home fit a new/used calliper and take it back for a re-test, which garage did you take it to?

PB172
The Halfords MOT center in the middle of the roundabout near Adsa. Apparently they are half decent... Didn't really think it would fail on anything apart from the front tyre which I knew about...

They don't offer a free retest if I replace the caliper myself/elsewhere unless they do it...

Just waiting for a quote now...

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
it will be loads of money, te staff there get bonuses for finding faults with your car, take it away replace the calliper yourself and pay the retest fee or go to a nice small garage somewhere,

Wocka knows someone who will pass it, if you know what i mean

PB172
Haha.. I know what you mean.

My friend owns a garage who said he would refurb the rear calipers, both of them, new pads and hoses, new ball joint and all labour for 335? That any good?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ah, find out how much halfords want,

I would find some local garage to fit a new calliper if halfords are silly money, aren't birch down near here somewhere i am sure they will do it for you at a good price

PB172
They stil havent rang me back yet :/ Going to ring again soon haha. They probably hate me for ringing a few times already...

Any reason why O/S calipers are more expensive than N/S?