ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Disc's

Sore Subject
Am changing the rear pads and disc's on a ph2 172, have been looking on the bay and gsf etc etc, but cant figure out which ones to buy.. are these going to be any good to me:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CLIO-SPORT-17...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33567717d3

It says that they dont have the abs ring, is that the toothed ring around the inside of the discs? this is the first time i have ventured out of the german waters (vw) and have cant belive how much if an arse it is just for some bloody disc's!!

thanks

Just get them from Renault... they'll come with ABS ring and bearing already pressed on. 1 bolt and you're laughing, no messing.

Skoda Fabia vRS
as above, dont bother with none OE discs its just not worth the hassle for any price difference

ph1 172
got myself a set of bendix discs with abs rings fitted off ebay.
bendix are every bit as good as oe discs...
renault will supply quality discs but you will pay over the odds, so id advise you to shop around for quality at a reasonable price.
try your local motor factors first.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Cliosport traders section: on there are traders who'll sell you the genuine part at reduced cost. Perhaps a you're not a member you won't be able to see that part of the site so...

Ktec, Yozzasport or Auto-Nation all should have them.

You need them with bearings and ABS rings fitted (as they will be) and then t's simple enough (you'll need a long bar for the big bolt in the centre and the right size socket).

Sore Subject
Well i have now encountered a bigger problem... have just been told that the caliper has snapped in half! not sure of the extent of the damage yet, will be having a look tonight, but might just get them from NWP as they are doing quite a good deal for the lot all in!! may also need a new caliper now... unless it is the piece that comes over the disk and can get a way with just a new one of them!! :(