ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear exhaust hangers

182 Cup
Morning.

So whilst fitting my Miltek I found my exhaust hangers to be completely fcuked. The exhaust also doesn't sit right.

Question is I've had an idea to get the positioning right, and make the mount more sturdy, but I don't know if it's a good idea with my limited experience on exhausts etc.

Proposal - drill and tap three holes, one on the bottom, and then one on either side. Use setscrews with lock nuts + spring washers in said holes. Rubber bush round the exhaust bar, adjust the screws for positioning both height, and side to side.

The main question is would this work okay making it more solid, or am Iikely to cause damage to the exhaust with vibrations and impacts (due to not being able to bounce as much) as my car is my daily so reliability is the main thing for me right now.

Cheers
G

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
ive just bought an uprated mount from prima racing
only heard good reports about it. looks good quality.

for a cheaper fix you can jam a 19mm socket in the bottom of the rubber and use cable ties to secure it in place. this works until the cable ties snap and the socket falls out.

182 Cup
Thanks for the reply, I had read about the prima racing ones. However I'm after something that can fix the alignment too.

The make query is whether my plan will cause damage to the exhaust long term through excessive vibration. As it will effectively be pretty solid.

The guy that fitted mine just used new brand new Renault brackets. It works good and sits very well. If they don't last long then I'll look into upgraded options.

182 Cup
anyone in the know that could shed any light on this? someone like mick, fred or danny? :)