ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear high level brake light connection? (182 FF)

My rear high level brake light hasn't been working for a wee bit, at first I assumed it was just the bulbs but I got a friend to replace them all, and it's working fine when connected to the mains at home.

He also tested the connection from the car itself and said it's fine, so we've come to the conclusion that it's the little white connector that connects the light to the car, pictured here:

wQ4JAI2.png

It's in pretty horrid condition, the connectors aren't copper, more green :(

Is there a way to buy that specific bit without having to repurchase the entire light? As the light itself is in fine condition.

Probably a long shot but figured I'd ask anyway.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just but the light, they're something like £24 from Renault IIRC

What's the best way to prize these out?

Lever away at the points with the silver clips from the bottom?

Assume it can be done without taking off the spoiler?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Get a knife on the long and and slowly prise it out. Doesn't take much force

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Bringing this back slightly- Is there any difference between a 172 Cup H/L brake light and a lower spec one? (ie could I use one from a 1.2 or another version of RS?) And anyone got a part number?

Clio 2.0 16v 182
This the one you're talking about?
image.jpeg

All boot lids are the same on mk2s aside from the ph1 handle so it's a straight swap

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
So any phase 2 high level brake light strip (just the leds not the full spoiler) will fit my 172 cup then?