ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shoes on Clio 1.2

Fiesta ST
My Girlfriend not long ago bought a 2008 Clio 1.2 from a Renault dealer on finance. Since they dropped it off she's had a few issues with it. Throttle cable issue and minor other things which was fixed under warranty. However this morning the rear wheels were locked up solid (she's only had it 8 weeks). She had to get the AA out and tow the car to the Renault dealer who said the Rear shoes need replacing which will cost £165+ as it's not covered under warranty.

This seems a tad expensive to me does that sound right?

Obviously I could get another another quote for the work but the car can't be driven which means it's kinda stuck.

Tell them to stick that!
If you only had it 8 weeks they should do them really. Granted brakes are a wear and tear item but I wouldn't imagine the milage covered would be high?
also, question if the rear drums were removed to be cleaned and adjusted and shoes inspected as part of the used car check the car would have under gone before it was sold

clio 172
Rear shoes last years, seems like they are not telling the hole story there has to be a reason for the brakes to be stuck on, worn shoes would not really do that

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
renault know about it know problem think there covered for 6 years under rcl but cant remember off hand.
also dont think they got a throttle cable

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
French shoes are renowned for shedding their linings, had it happen to 2 clios (mk1 & 2) and my old pug 206.

That price is very steep. I noticed that at my citroen service dept that there is the option to fit pattern parts, don't know if Renault do this?

See if you can find someone to collect it and fit new shoes for you?

Tell them get stuffed , 8 weeks id be driving it back there with the wheels locked and driving it through there show room ! #

you have 2 options either they are work to the extent the are sized ( highly unlikely ) in that case they clearly werent checked before the car was delivered , so kick off,

orrr

the linings as said have fell apart (more likely) in which case its a manufacturing fault which should be covered under warranty !

And even then at that price id tell them lick you left one!! Most places will do it for a hours labour plus parts !!