ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear spoiler hitting roof?!

Beaten up 182
Hi, newbie after some advice. I picked a 182 up last week and noticed one of the marks on it is a neat line across the boot spoiler. I then noticed today it's where the tailgate is opening to the point where the spoiler is hitting the back of the roof. Anyone seen this before and why?!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Hi, newbie after some advice. I picked a 182 up last week and noticed one of the marks on it is a neat line across the boot spoiler. I then noticed today it's where the tailgate is opening to the point where the spoiler is hitting the back of the roof. Anyone seen this before and why?!

Wonder if a V6/Trophy spoiler has been fitted?
They are slightly bigger than the standard Cup Spoiler and need different gas struts iirc so this doesn't happen

Either this or your gas struts have been changed and the stroke length is wrong?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As JMR says - it's possible that you've got a V6/Trophy spoiler fitted, but have the standard 182 struts on? The V6 tailgate when open, I have to make a conscious note to duck my head. I don't have that issue with the 182.

If it helps, I can take a picture of my standard 182 spoiler along with the shut line when the tailgate is fully up?

D.

Beaten up 182
The offending item,
IMG_20140413_195227_zps2gw2toj2.jpg

It's not on properly. Look on the side of it, it should sit way more flush to the window glass.

It should also sit pretty flush with the rest of the roof when it's on normally, so i'd say unscrew it and re-attach it (but don't take it off otherwise you have the hell of re-attaching the washer hoses, which are a pain with one person.

edit: Thinking about it now, it's probably the washer hoses not in the proper place (there's a little slot for it to sit in) meaning that it won't sit flush to the glass/metal.

100% not fitted properly.

Someone would have had it off at some point and not put it back on properly. They are a real pain to fit, especially due to the massive wire connection!

EDIT: ^ beat me to it.

Beaten up 182
Thanks guys, when I have the time I'll check it out. It doesn't surprise me, this car has been played about with. I was getting a bit down with all the little faults but just had a four wheel alignment done, drove it home after and jesus, that is an awesome chassis.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Noticed today that mine is acrually doing this too, never thought it was a problem before but theres slight marks on the spoiler and lip of the roof!